German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Angel has been doing beautifully with her housebreaking but suddenly seems to be peeing ALL THE TIME!
WE go outside and she does what I think is all her business, then 5 minutes later pees on the floor. If I scoop her up and bring her out, she will pee again! I would guess the peed 6 times this morning inside of 20 minutes....

also, what is most alarming... she peed in her crate this morning!
only thing that is differant is that she had a does of worming medicine.... could that be doing it?

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Course it's a weekend.......... but I'd get to the vet.

It's probably a urinary tract infection and as soon as you start on antibiotic the fewer the messes to clean up (and the better to continue the house breaking.)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I AGREE!!! calling as soon as they open.....
Poor baby!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Sounds very like a UTI. Poor baby, can be very painful.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I guess it could be a reaction to the worming tablets - does it list any possible side effects?

I bet that it's a UTI though. My little girl had one when she was about 4/5 months old. She started out by peeing a whole lot and so I took her to the vets. When we got to the vets she had started peeing blood which must have been painful! So I'd try and get to the vets ASAP

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, we went to vet and got Clavomox. I did not notice the name or I would have questioned vet then, it seems like she was on clavomax for a dermatitis problem last week. I sure hope it helps. Vet said urinalsys will come back monday and if its NOT a UTI she will call me. She thinks its unusal for a 10 week old to have a UTI and doesnt want to overlook a "congential issue"

I guess I just have to wait and see what the clavomox does and what Monday holds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts