German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the second time this has happened. My almost 6 month GSD puppy peed in the crate. I was in the house ...but upstairs doing work. And she had been in the crate, sleeping,for about an hour or so. I heard her whining...didn't think much of it because the crate is still not her favorite place to be and she whines often when she is in it. Came down 15 minutes later to check and she had peed in her crate. She's not normally anxious. I guess she did whine but given that I had taken her out just an hour back, why did she need to go that quickly again? And she does hold it for about 8 hours every night...so I know she does not have a bladder infection. I am totally stumped as to why she is doing this. Also, she needs to go out to pee every 2 hours during the day...at 6 months it should be more, right? I just don't know what to do about this. I cannot be there at home every 2 hours...and if I am not, she'll pee in the crate!!! Does anybody have any experience with this?
Thanks so much for any advice.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
All dogs have to pee more often when they are awake than when asleep. I let my own dogs out about every two hours when I'm home. When you aren't home and she's crated, she will most likely fall asleep and be able to hold it longer.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Before bed I hope you take away the water a couple hours before bed. Once they are up they can drink a lot of water and have to pee much more. I am sure you have pee's twice in 1 hour before I know I have. Next time she whines let her out and reward her so she doesn't start just peeing in her crate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts