German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are pedipaw or peticure any good? I've been having a hard time trimming the dog's nails and I thought I might look into the pedipaw. Has anyone used it? I just wasn't sure if it was any good, it's cheap and I don't know to much about it. I know there are probably some posts about this, but I didn't see any(and I was to lazy to look!!)

·
Registered
15,220 Posts
No, it's junk unless you have a small dog. News did an thing last wk on it. Groomer even hated it. If you really want something similar, buy a dremel.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Originally Posted By: Angela_WNo, it's junk unless you have a small dog. News did an thing last wk on it. Groomer even hated it. If you really want something similar, buy a dremel.
Agree.

I am going to try and take mine back. The noise freaks my dogs out. Then it did not work. For as long as you would have to train them to stay you could of clipped and been done with it.

Then I saw that when the head wears out, the replacements cost $10!! There's where they get you....(I do not know how many replacements were in the box).

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Had to go look, mine is the Pedipaw.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
ditto. i've heard the same from everyone i know who got one (either).

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! I wasn't sure if it was really worth it. I heard it is mainly for 10 lbs. and under dogs. My gsds are not 10 lbs.!!!!! But where would I buy a dremel? I haven't seen them around. Oh and also is there a huge possiblity that the dremel would cut the quick?

·
Registered
15,220 Posts
I got mine at lowes, I bought the one with the 10v lithium battery, most people use the one lower. I like cordless, not everyone does. And it doesn't cut, you are sanding down the nail.

·
Super Moderator
7,370 Posts
i know you've got the info that you needed, but i also wanted to add that i don't recommend the pedipaws. i got one for christmas, and will likely be donating it to a small dog rescue. its too much hassle for my cat, and does nothing for my GSD's. to attempt to get 'some' use out of it - i removed the little safety cap thing (its soooo weird anyway) and just used it for smoothing edges after i clipped the nails with clippers. i used to have a dremel, which i loved, but misplaced it during my move a year

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We have this grinder thing from home depot. It's for grinding wood or metal. It looks just like a dremel, I'm wondering if it is a dremel. So a dremel isn't really a special tool for a dog, it's used for other things too, because its sold at hardware stores? I thought it was specifically for dogs. I'll have to go look at our grinder thing again.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Originally Posted By: WiniIsmylifeThanks! I wasn't sure if it was really worth it. I heard it is mainly for 10 lbs. and under dogs. My gsds are not 10 lbs.!!!!! But where would I buy a dremel? I haven't seen them around. Oh and also is there a huge possiblity that the dremel would cut the quick?
walmart has them for $20

we have a pedipaws as well and it did ok (and I use that word lightly) with Mandi. The main problem is that they stop when you push too hard. If you want to spend 8 hours filing your dogs nails, then this is not a problem and you can push lightly...otherwise, it is rather annoying. It works well on my cats though. I used it to get Mandi used to the idea and now have a Dremel and love it

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm getting a dremmel, thanks for this thread. I just got a pedipaw based on suggestion from someone at petco. i'll be taking it back. I haven't opened it yet

1 - 20 of 21 Posts