German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I posted in the pedigree section however I did not get much response so I was hoping I could get more here. I have a very sweet 15 months old boy that loves strangers more his toys lol. I was hoping I could get some thoughts on his pedigree. Both parents were from german showlines however it was a oops litter. The breeders wanted to get the female tested before mating her since she was just a few weeks under 2 years old, however accidents happen and puppies were born. However I did get a copy of her OFA hip certification after a few months after the breeders received them and they came back as good. The sire already got his hips checked. I know this should have been a red flag however he is my first dog and I have learned from my mistakes. Any thoughts on my dogs pedigree would be appreciated!

Dam:

The picture of the sire's pedigree was deleted by accident along with many other pictures(my fault) but can be found on the database.

Sire: larus vom fiemereck

My pup :

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,132 Posts
This is indeed a West German Showline pedigree....I can recognize them, but really not able to shed much info on the individual dogs....I have seen quite a few progeny of X-Box and know he was a better than average producer of dogs who enjoyed "the work".

I don't see the female on the database....so don't know all the hip ratings......the male is a bit loaded with FNs, so that I would be a bit cautious in how I raised this pup in regards to exercise and diet....

If this was an accidental breeding, assume the female and male are owned by the same people, you should have a fairly nice - and very cute!!! - showline puppy.

Lee

·
Registered
518 Posts
It's a nice pedigree. You've got Yasko on the dam's side who is a top producer, known to produce working drive and solid dogs. Some of his progeny have gone on to do great things. On the dam's side you've also got a lot of FH titles, so there looks to be some nice working drive outside of the usual SCHH and IPO (FH is a tracking title and is a lot more rare in WGSL dogs). Pepsi is also a good producer and a good indicator of solid lines. Having her as a grandmother makes for a nice pedigree on the dam's side.

On the sire's side, you've got some more well known dogs like Xbox, Yak and Ghandi (any time I see von Arlett kennels I'm happy). They are all great producers and are known for passing on nerve and great temperament. Xenox is also a nice solid dog with good drive and has fathered a few dogs I like to follow.

All in all, you've probably got a dog with good working ability and all the dogs in his lines are health tested, and I don't see any dogs I'd be particularly concerned about. Make sure he gets lots of exercise and if you'd be up for it, I'd definitely recommend getting into a dog sport like tracking or nose work. He's got the pedigree for it and it could be fun for you both.

Beautiful dog!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for all the replays! I really appreciate it. I didn't look very close at the older generations and just the grandparents and great grandparents. As a newbie tracking is still new so I'll do more research on it! Overall thanks and keep it coming lol :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts