German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So nothing? I would love to track down the pedigree information on the sires side. The AKC # is listed on PDB for Ze'eva's page.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
This might work. Go to the OFA site Orthopedic Foundation for Animals and type in the sires registration number. If you're lucky it will show up along with some of his progeny, his sire and dam etc. Take those names and try them in the PD. Worth a shot.
If the birthdates of the progeny are the same as your pup you can then see if their dam is also listed on the site.

An online pedigree at the AKC site is only $10 for 4 generations. :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I am going to have to go with the AKC pedigree... On the plus side I know half of her pedigree is good other than OFA checks on the dam and sire. Her hips seem very stable and she is VERY muscular. The top vet in the area out here did a prelim exam at 6 months and said she is in very good condition hips and elbows wise.

There is a 8 month old GSD that I know at a local dog park that has noticeable HD. The owner has even admitted having to pop the hips back into place a few times.

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
PDB is user editable (like a wiki) and notoriously inaccurate. It is just a neat free tool. It is kept in line by people where many folks use the same dogs (well known sires and dams) but other than that it is the wild west.

Most people know what they have and verify it is accurate against their paper pedigree when they enter it in. If dogs in the lineage are relatively unknown, the person has to enter the parents, grandparents, etc.

If I recall, the paper pedigree is not that expensive but it won't show any titles are not AKC in origen or any euro A-stamps etc.

What is a canadian working line?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol it is just what the breeder told me on the phone. I didn't buy her from a breeder obviously... Was just lucky enough to get the papers when I rescued her when she was 10 weeks old.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts