German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

2 months ago we rescued a 5.5 year old boy. It does appear that maybe at some point he was involved in some sort of sport based on things he does and knows. Recently I came across a person that has one of Zeus' daughters I'm still waiting to hear back from her to see what breeder she got her dog from. In the meantime the rescue did provide us his name. I did pull up his AKC research pedigree. And I would love some insight if anything on his lineage. We also have decided to take to a local Schutzhund club to him evaluated just in case.

Here is Zeus for a reference

And the pedigree

·
Registered
751 Posts
Congratulations!

The pedigree is 100% Czech, very famous dogs in there.

Dam: Maya Van Den Heuvel

Sire: Savo Van Den Heuvel
Paternal grandsire is Congo Vikar, a pillar of Czech breeding in the US: Congo Vikar
Paternal granddam is a Grim z Pohranični stráze daughter:
Amalka Z Pohranicni Straze

A few generations back these pedigrees also have German bred dogs, mostly DDR, also a few West esp. in sire's ped, like Bernd and Gin Lierberg.

Enjoy!

PS: My current GSD is also a rescued one who came with a pedigree (after some work, too). A good dog is a good dog, no matter what we know about the past, but if we can find the information, it sure is icing on the cake!

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
I am not great at pedigrees. But I know s good looking dog. Zeus is stunning!!!

Also, contact the van den heuval kennel. They may be able to tell you who has his parents, and you can go from there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both. We have definitely lucked out with him pedigree or not lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts