·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Storm's page
Storm vom EnZ

and the long pedigree (6 generations)
6 generation long pedigree for Storm vom EnZ

I see a lot of dogs on here that I've heard of, lots of familiar faces.... But what do they mean for my dog? I'm interested to know what makes her... her. Also what challenges or good points we may have. I've seen many traits she has so far... but am interested in where she came from. Eventually I am looking at the possibility of becoming a breeder and am trying to get a good understanding on pedigrees.

Anyone with knowledge of what these dogs in her pedigree bring to the table... or any experience with these dogs and their progeny would be awesome! Thanks so much for looking through and sharing some knowledge! :)

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone have any information?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
This is a very nice working pedigree. On both sides, there's a lot of familiar names; for example, Melano is known for producing hardness, high drives, and a good balance of drives.

In looking through the pedigree, there's a lot of very nice dogs, and a lot of consistency in quality of dog's chosen. There's a lot of dogs known for producing hardness and drive throughout, with also quite a bit of forward aggression.

I get a bit nervous about hips when I see the sire's linebreeding on Ernst--hopefully, he xrayed clear.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a very nice working pedigree. On both sides, there's a lot of familiar names; for example, Melano is known for producing hardness, high drives, and a good balance of drives.

In looking through the pedigree, there's a lot of very nice dogs, and a lot of consistency in quality of dog's chosen. There's a lot of dogs known for producing hardness and drive throughout, with also quite a bit of forward aggression.

I get a bit nervous about hips when I see the sire's linebreeding on Ernst--hopefully, he xrayed clear.
Thank you for all the information! I can see those traits coming through her and the rest of the litter.... out of the 10, all but 2 (went to families, just active pets) are working and very strong. Storm is the strongest of the litter, and definitely a very hard dog. She's got intense drives, and very balanced from what we've seen up to this point (10months). In protection, she's a force to recon with. VERY strong hits, full grip, and definitely focused on the decoy... not too sleeve happy. She's doing well at Schutzhund... but we also feel she'd excel in personal protection. My trainer/breeder always says how he wished she was male.... he wanted her for a potential police k9. Our police here wont take females though.

I worry way too much about everything. Hips are a concern for sure (for me... it would be with ANY dog). Down her lines to the dogs that I know personally, have been cleared of HD. I've seen their hips. No puppies produced so far have been HD. However, I'm still x-raying within the next 1-2 months (around her 1st birthday).... just to get a clear view of how they are developing. If all is well, she'll be OFA'd at 2. So we shall see. I'm nervous as heck about it! :crazy:

Thanks again for all the insight on the pedigree!

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Storm has Orlie vom Baerenfang. He is from the O Litter and Olko's brother (my moms dog). Orlie stayed within my parents training group and belonged to a friend of my parents. He was a lot of dog and where a lot of hardness and aggression is coming from but never without balance and a good off switch.

Harro was generally used to bring in a bit more handler sensitivity.

Orkan von der Maineiche was a direct son of Ahron and is Yukons grandfather. I know that Orkan. According to my father he was a highly prey driven dog and he said that he's never seen a better retrieve than what Orkan displayed. Orkan was the dog of one of my parents friends who sold me Nala but I never met the dog personally. So yeah, I know a bit of what is in the pedigree and it is indeed a very nice pedigree.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Storm has Orlie vom Baerenfang. He is from the O Litter and Olko's brother (my moms dog). Orlie stayed within my parents training group and belonged to a friend of my parents. He was a lot of dog and where a lot of hardness and aggression is coming from but never without balance and a good off switch.

Harro was generally used to bring in a bit more handler sensitivity.

Orkan von der Maineiche was a direct son of Ahron and is Yukons grandfather. I know that Orkan. According to my father he was a highly prey driven dog and he said that he's never seen a better retrieve than what Orkan displayed. Orkan was the dog of one of my parents friends who sold me Nala but I never met the dog personally. So yeah, I know a bit of what is in the pedigree and it is indeed a very nice pedigree.
Oh wow! That's awesome to hear from someone who knew some of these dogs personally! Thank you for your input! This really adds a lot of information to what I know about her. Those were lines I didn't really know much about.

My trainer/breeder said she's just like Melano and shows those lines a lot heavier then the rest of the litter and previous litters with those lines. From what I've heard from the Melano line is pretty impressive. Strong, amazing drive, and very hard dogs.

Do you happen to know about Melano? Her breeder has done a lot of training tours over to Europe and some other places, and got to see Melano a few times. He really liked that dog... talks about him a lot. I am curious to know more about him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts