German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Wow I had not intended to upset the apple cart. I feel really bad and now look at my pup differently. I also feel very ostracized. Sorry to have caused a ruckus.

Tammy in GA

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Wow I had not intended to upset the apple cart. I feel really bad and now look at my pup differently. I also feel very ostracized. Sorry to have caused a ruckus.

Tammy in GA

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
Tammy,

I can certainly understand that you could feel that way. Please rest assured that the comments have in no way intended to be a slight to you or your new pup and opinions on the breeder and circumstances of this litter aren't meant to reflect on either of you.

Your pup has a very good genetic background and should make you a fine companion for many years to come.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Tammy,
as Chris said, your pup has a good genetic background and will be a great source of joy to you! Congratulations on your new baby!

This board is a great source of information and support for GSD owners and I have found the members to be very helpful and supportive.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Originally Posted By: curlyqWow I had not intended to upset the apple cart. I feel really bad and now look at my pup differently. I also feel very ostracized. Sorry to have caused a ruckus.

Tammy in GA
Tammy
In your shoes I would feel exactly the same way. I'm sorry that this has happened on what should be a very happy time for you.

Your boy has very strong working lines on his mom's side. I have not looked up the fathers so me not mentioning it is so way a condemnation of his pedigree.

What people are upset about is that the mom was bred under 2 years old and before hips could be xray'd. There is a possibility that the hips were sent in to the SV, which is a German organization that certifies at a year old. (I do think it is unlikely).

Most of us do not think it is a good idea to breed until the momma is physically and mentally mature. I have yet to have a female that I feel is ready to breed until they are closer to 3. Like me they seem to take a while to grow up.

A lot of breeders try to avoid these type of situations by various methods. Limited registration is one. Puppies of a dog born under limited registration can not be registered with the AKC. Breeders will often lift the limited when certain conditions are met.

Do not let any of this effect the joy of your new pup. If the momma had had hips certified that would still be no guarantee that your pup would be free of hip problems. I have a white shepherd that I bought in similar circumstances to yours and he is my "heart dog". He is the one that comforts me when I am upset, and sooths my soul.

·
Banned
1,754 Posts
Angela Is there anything that can be done since the woman that you sold her to by-passed your contract? Please let me know how it ended by PMing me. I don't want this to happen to us in the future.

Tammy don't feel bad this is not of your doing. I'm sure you have a very happy pup there with at least a good pedigree on the Dams side and have fun with her and show lots of pictures please

·
Registered
377 Posts
Quote: Prob. nothing I can do about it now
Actually, as long as she signed a contract, you should be able to do something about it. The contract should be upheld in court as long as it was a legal contract. And it should be easy to justify taking Gracie from the breeder (even if he claims he has no idea) based on what he's doing now. I'd definitely consult an attorney who specializes in contract law.

And Tammy, sorry to hear about all of it. But it's actually kind of good that all this got brought up....as it should help out Gracie. If you hadn't brought it up, who knows how long or if it would have ever come to light.

And your pup is adorable

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well thanks for all the encouraging words. I have completely fallen in love with my pup. He is such a good little guy. I certainly wish I hadn't been so curious as to lineage as now I feel like I have drummed up a bunch of legal trouble for the breeders involved although I completely understand. I was given AKC Litter Certificate and the paperwork to register Tristan and I will do that soon.

Tammy in GA

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Re: Pedigree? Can anyone tell me about these dogs

I agree with the others, Tammy, you did nothing wrong.. Enjoy your new addition as they don't stay small for long!

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Tammy the situation has nothing to do with you and your pup, it is what appears to be a problem between Angela and the original buyer.

Some of the the concerns are that in breeding a pup so young there is a strong possibility that she will be a puppy machine churning out litter after litter with little or no concern to her health or to the placement of the pups.

So--give us another chance?

As a group we have strong feelings about this breed. We love them, we admire them, and we grieve with them when our fellow humans treats them less then they deserve.

And already you may of made the future brighter for some of our dogs. I imagine every breeder on this board will scrutinize placements even more in the future. So thank you!

So, what are you plans for the pup? Probably has the genetic make up for pretty much any sport/activity you want to do?

·
Premium Member
11,210 Posts
Tammy - the best thing you can do is stay here and be a good owner and give this pup a wonderful home and love him! It is not YOUR fault or the pups fault that someone broke their contract and sold poor Gracie to a BYB .... if anything, Angela is probably glad to know about this, no matter how mad she is that it happened....! I would be livid if one of my pups was resold and bred that young!!!! I am sure that you are welcome here and should not feel badly that you posted! Just love your pup and be assured you will get assistance and answers here from everyone - we all want our pups and our pups progeny to be in good homes.

Welcome!

Lee

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thank you for the kind words from everyone. I am going to stay on this forum because I am learning every day. I am also very interested to know the outcome if Angela did talk to the lady that she sold Gracie to. Tristan is amazing, he is so very smart just like our other shepherds. We don't plan on anything but loving our pup just like our others. We run them daily, Take them to the park and to the lake in the summer time. We have 3 acres where they run all the time. Our dogs are family members. They sleep with us at night and are with us all of the time. They also love to play ball and would do this all day if we let them.

Tammy in GA

·
Registered
15,220 Posts
Yes I did talk to her, she GAVE her to the guy. Says there is nothing she can do, yet says she got no compensation. I'm trying to get her to tell him she wants her back, I'll pay for the flight to me. She thinks I should contact the guy myself, I feel she should get her own dog back. So we'll see.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Fingers and paws crossed for a happy ending for Angela and Gracie!!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts