German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put Jack and his dams info into PDB today :)

For the past three generations it appears they have been bred as pet dogs. But, if you look back four to five generations there are some titled dogs.

I see several SchH dogs, and some others that I don't know what the letters mean! What does FH, IP3, BHP1, stand for?

And what about the red letters in front of their names: V, VA1, VA1(SPAIN), VA4 VA1(N), CH, CH (US), VA4, V40??

If your dog has any of these, or similar, designations, please share what it means, and how you got it. Thank you!

Jack's pedigree: http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/german_shepherd_dog/dog.html?id=1973809-alphatexs-phytin-von-ruggar.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
11,248 Posts
Conformation Titles"

V - Excellent
VA - Excellent Select - only given at National Championships...
when a number is used, it is a sequential number of where the dog placed

VAs come 1st, then V's....so a V40 - is the dog in 40th place in the Excellent category. There can be 300 dogs showing in working males at the Sieger show...

The countries listed are where the dog attained the title...

SchH, IPO, BHP are all the same test, but probably attained in different countries....FH is a tracking title. KKL is a dog who has been breed surveyed and is approved for breeding.

Looked at a 6 generation pedigree - looks like he is mostly WGSL, a little bit of WG WL and some American show lines.
Lee

·
Premium Member
11,248 Posts
that is short for Champion (US) - ie - an AKC Conformation Champion....sorry, did not notice that one!

As far as the VA1 and VA1 Spain - the VA1 is in Germany - Jeck Noricum was Sieger and very very common in most showline pedigrees....the VA1 Spain means the dog won the Spanish Sieger Show....

Lee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts