German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I fed Echo dinner this evening, after he'd been inside with me all afternoon. Immediately after, he spits something hard onto the floor in front of his bowl. I went over and picked it up, and it was a pebble! About the size of a grain of kibble. There was nothing in or around his bowl prior to feeding him, and it was a brand new bag so I scooped directly from the bag. What the heck? I checked his teeth, no damage or anything. Anyone else ever experience anything like this? I'm still hoping it came from somewhere else, but can't for the life of me figure out where. I'll be calling their customer service line first thing in the morning tomorrow....

·
Registered
27,249 Posts
Did you pour out the bag to see if there is more?

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet-- don't have room inside to do it so I figured I'd go through it bit by bit tomorrow when it's light out. Luckily I found a tupperware container of food that we had kept at my parent's house for breakfast in the AM until I can figure out what the heck is going on.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
OMG...so scary. Every once in a blue moon, I'll find something odd in a bag of food; rocks, dead bugs, mold/fungus, dirt, ect, but out of hundreds of bags of food, I've had a problem with maybe 6 bags...ever. The most recent one was about two years ago when we opened a bag of Kibbles and Bits and it smelled of amonia and was filled with mold.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
I can say I've eaten approximately 387 Lean Cuisines out of cracked microwave trays and torn boxes for every one defective bag of kibble I've opened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts