German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 shepherds, One is 7, one is 4, and one is 5 months. The oldest one has a chronic right front paw injury that now has created a raw wound under her dew claw. The vet recommendation was to keep a boot on her paw, which she will not walk on. Holds her paw up and limps around. The other solution she mentioned was a plastic collar. Again, not a solution because the puppy is pulling on it.
Are there any soft collars/neck cushion cones that will work for a front paw of a 75 lb GSD?
Thanks in advance for any help with this. I feel so bad for her...

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
What are you using on the wound itself? What about separating the 7 year old for a few days ? What type of boot did you try? From my experience none like them, but most will get use to them.

With a front foot issue the cone may be the only way to go, that and separation. I have a soft cone and an inflatable one, neither prevents any messing with front feet.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Saline drip bags make a handy paw protector. They're not elegant, but they're tough and waterproof.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are you using on the wound itself? What about separating the 7 year old for a few days ? What type of boot did you try? From my experience none like them, but most will get use to them.

With a front foot issue the cone may be the only way to go, that and separation. I have a soft cone and an inflatable one, neither prevents any messing with front feet.
thank you...tonight is the cone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts