German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dogs carpal pad has skinned
off. The one that is on his forelimb. It has been quite dry but didn't know that a bit of his paw pad with rip off! Not sure what to put on it. Would vaseline be okay to soothe the area?
Any suggestions?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,653 Posts
any chance you can attach a photo?
paw pad injuries are a pain to deal with but i may be able to help if i can see it...
vaseline is pretty harmless but i might hold off for now.

·
Super Moderator
6,653 Posts
Ah, I missed that you said carpal pad... honestly I’d just clean it with something mild and wrap it, change the bandage daily for a week. If that’s too much work, Vaseline (or mushers secret would be better) once or twice a day is fine. If that’s too much work.... you can also do nothing and just monitor it, it’ll heal itself.

Not that common to see injuries on that pad... do you have any idea how it happened? What condition are the rest of his pads in? Mushers secret is a great product to have around for any sort of drying / cracking / raw spots.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My dogs carpal pad has skinned
off. The one that is on his forelimb. It has been quite dry but didn't know that a bit of his paw pad with rip off! Not sure what to put on it. Would vaseline be okay to soothe the area?
Any suggestions?
Thanks
My boy has ripped his carpal pad a number of times and I have just let it be it dries out fairly quick and seeded to heal over in a few days.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
I'd want to spray it with Vetericyn twice a day. Or maybe get the Vetircyn gel for it. That will help it heal faster, and the spray won't sting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My boy has ripped his carpal pad a number of times and I have just let it be it dries out fairly quick and seeded to heal over in a few days.
Yh I have been cleaning it with just water, if he let's me ?. But it has started to heal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts