German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to be a lot of Browns fans here. My prediction for Sunday:

Patriots 33-0.

Mayfield 10-30, 3 INT's, 2 Fumbles, one lost.
Mayfield - acts like a DB at the post game press conference (well that's kind of a given).
ODB Jr. - calls out his QB for not getting him the ball, wants to be traded.

See around here, we just wonder who we will be playing in the Super Bowl.

Kraft - never really liked him, I think he is a big phony, but I could care less about his spa trip, assuming he wasn't directly involved in human trafficking, and it looks like the Police were looking for press.

Brady - Glad we have him. The guy says all the right things, treats the game with respect and leads an honest life. Never wanted to be the highest paid QB, just wants to win. No baggage, an example. Oh and the Super Model wife! Men often daydream about what Athlete they would be in terms of the total package. Most men say Jeter - stayed single, was always discrete, took in the big Apple, then got married later in life. Brady would be a close second I think, although he has gotten weird and introspective the last few years.

Belichick - he really isn't as big of a DB as he seems. His players love him and love playing for him. We find him amusing.

OK, lot's here to throw some darts at me! Bring it on.

·
Super Moderator
5,385 Posts
Sports. Hmmm.

Well, I’m from Oklahoma. I live 15 minutes from the stadium. I’ve been a Sooner fan for well over 50 years, and have been to more games than I can count (including bowl games). Oklahoma obviously doesn’t have a pro football team, but this is major college football territory. So naturally we follow the teams that have our favorite players. That’s why we have so many Browns fans here in OK. Talking trash about Baker? He’s our guy. We love him, and not just a little bit, lol. Hoping he turns out like Manziel seems a little weird to me.

That being said, I’m not all that emotionally invested in the NFL (I am however a huge NBA fan). I watch the Browns play, and occasionally the Bills. Used to watch Dallas when I was a kid. I personally love the excitement and passion of college football better, but it’s also what I grew up with. Yeah, the Browns will lose to the Patriots. They are the better team. But I can tell you one thing, our own Baker Mayfield will give it his all, and I do love that.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Love Mahomes. Kid really carries himself well. If he isn't healthy, Patriots walk to the SB with home field throughout. Baker and Newton should take notes.

·
4,493 Posts
this is like a foreign language to me. I can barely keep track of Astros vs Nationals. Now if you want to talk Horde vs Alliance I might be able to keep up.:nerd::rolleyes:

I have to admit, my sister is a New England Pats fan. I forgive her.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sports. Hmmm.

Well, I’m from Oklahoma. I live 15 minutes from the stadium. I’ve been a Sooner fan for well over 50 years, and have been to more games than I can count (including bowl games). Oklahoma obviously doesn’t have a pro football team, but this is major college football territory. So naturally we follow the teams that have our favorite players. That’s why we have so many Browns fans here in OK. Talking trash about Baker? He’s our guy. We love him, and not just a little bit, lol. Hoping he turns out like Manziel seems a little weird to me.

That being said, I’m not all that emotionally invested in the NFL (I am however a huge NBA fan). I watch the Browns play, and occasionally the Bills. Used to watch Dallas when I was a kid. I personally love the excitement and passion of college football better, but it’s also what I grew up with. Yeah, the Browns will lose to the Patriots. They are the better team. But I can tell you one thing, our own Baker Mayfield will give it his all, and I do love that.
College football has zero presence in New England and Boston proper. It's so strange. BC is the closest we have. Baker is just such a jerk. Did you catch that pre-season comment on him criticizing the Giants picking Daniel Jones? Who is Baker Mayfield who hasn't won anything to scrutinize another teams pick of a QB? This is pretty much the stuff that makes me not like him and root against him. He's too short too to play in the NFL.

·
Super Moderator
5,385 Posts
College football has zero presence in New England and Boston proper. It's so strange. BC is the closest we have. Baker is just such a jerk. Did you catch that pre-season comment on him criticizing the Giants picking Daniel Jones? Who is Baker Mayfield who hasn't won anything to scrutinize another teams pick of a QB? This is pretty much the stuff that makes me not like him and root against him. He's too short too to play in the NFL.

I graduated from high school in Massachusetts. I am well aware of the lack of major college football in New England. That’s kind of why you don’t get our attachments to our former college players. We saw them develop, win (because we DO win in Oklahoma), and then go on with whatever life gives them, whether it’s football or business. We have 7 Heisman winners, and the 6 living ones are still a huge part of our community. Baker is still a kid. He’s mouthy and feisty, and he’s ours and we love him, lol.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I graduated from high school in Massachusetts. I am well aware of the lack of major college football in New England. That’s kind of why you don’t get our attachments to our former college players. We saw them develop, win (because we DO win in Oklahoma), and then go on with whatever life gives them, whether it’s football or business. We have 7 Heisman winners, and the 6 living ones are still a huge part of our community. Baker is still a kid. He’s mouthy and feisty, and he’s ours and we love him, lol.
Fair enough. Cleveland has had how many #1 pick QB one-year wonders in the last five years? We will see if BM has the skill to make it at the NFL level. I hope he becomes more like-able outside of Sooner country.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Baker is the best thing to happen in Cleveland for a long time. For too long we have had a loosing culture. He has thrown a lot of interceptions but a lot of those hit the receivers in the hands and they were dropped. I really think they will get it figured out and turn this franchise around.

My prediction for Sunday is 23-20 Browns. Maybe not but that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
Go Browns!!

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Baker is a little cocky but with a good attitude. He looks like he loves what he is doing and where he is. A better offensive line would certainly help him. He's brought a spark we've needed for a long time. Did anyone see the Browns video of the Friends intro? O-H

·
Super Moderator
5,385 Posts
Baker is a little cocky but with a good attitude. He looks like he loves what he is doing and where he is. A better offensive line would certainly help him. He's brought a spark we've needed for a long time. Did anyone see the Browns video of the Friends intro? O-H

OMG that video is hilarious. Gotta love ‘em!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It still hurts though. Its not like when you're a Browns fan knowing one way or another, you've got another Tim Couch and fingers crossed for 4 wins.

Understood. As a dire sports fan, I am so lucky to live where I live. Patriots, Red Sox, Bruins almost won a cup. I feel for the cities that haven’t had a team in it for decades if at all.

When the Royals made the playoffs a few years ago, they haven’t since 1985. I couldn’t fathom that as a fan.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Fair enough. Cleveland has had how many #1 pick QB one-year wonders in the last five years? We will see if BM has the skill to make it at the NFL level. I hope he becomes more like-able outside of Sooner country.

We've had way too may coaches, and quarterbacks. Ohio seems to be be behind Baker. Shooting the can of beer at the Indians game was a little interesting, but fun. I think the insurance commercials show a sense of humor that doesn't always come across. I wish everyone would stay off of twitter, more important things to worry about than what other people are saying. Mahomes is great and so much fun to watch, hope his knee is better soon. I love college football more, and it's looking like another good year for the Buckeyes, you can jump on that train or the Dabo Swinney train at Clemson. (what a good coach)

·
Banned
31,833 Posts
Billy boy Belichick was the Browns' coach before New England and he STUNK!!! Metcalf up the middle, Metcalf up the middle, Metcalf up the middle, darn, we have to punt, again! He turned Kosar into a side-arm passer, by letting him get killed back there. And, when Kosar changed the play and got a touch down, Belicheck balled him out.

Then he goes to New England and wins. But he also has stated that if you aren't cheating you aren't trying hard enough. So he's a cheater and proud of it.

And don't forget Brady deflating the balls, yeah, I have no respect for the them.

Go Browns!!! I'd just love to see them beat the Brady bunch, that would make my season.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Billy boy Belichick was the Browns' coach before New England and he SUCKED!!! Metcalf up the middle, Metcalf up the middle, Metcalf up the middle, darn, we have to punt, again! He turned Kosar into a side-arm passer, by letting him get killed back there. And, when Kosar changed the play and got a touch down, Belicheck balled him out.

Then he goes to New England and wins. But he also has stated that if you aren't cheating you aren't trying hard enough. So he's a cheater and proud of it.

And don't forget Brady deflating the balls, yeah, I have no respect for the them.

Go Browns!!! I'd just love to see them beat the Brady bunch, that would make my season.

I’m not so sure he actually said if you aren’t treating you aren’t trying hard enough? But he did say something similar but not as blatant.

The patriots have done some stupid things that they really didn’t need to to win. But deflating the footballs was a witch-hunt. It was unnecessary and payback for the stupid things I referenced.

Bill was your coach like 30 years ago? He learned from his mistakes obviously.

·
Banned
31,833 Posts
I’m not so sure he actually said if you aren’t treating you aren’t trying hard enough? But he did say something similar but not as blatant.

The patriots have done some stupid things that they really didn’t need to to win. But deflating the footballs was a witch-hunt. It was unnecessary and payback for the stupid things I referenced.

Bill was your coach like 30 years ago? He learned from his mistakes obviously.
No, he's still a scumball.

Ya know, I don't feel that way about other coaches, Sam Ratigliano, Marty Schottenheimer, that Palmer dude that didn't win at all, or even the guy that we kept for 2 years with 1 win. Bellicheck is in a class of his own. Well, there are others in it, like Bill Parsels. (I have no idea how to spell these names by the way.)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts