German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
I loved her book The Other End of the Leash. I'm sure her blog will be great too.

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
CLEO is in the avatar with Rafi!! YEAAAHHHH!!! (I'm a Cleo fan, Okay??)
Cool if Patricia McConnel has a blog! What I love about her is that she is such a creative thinker-- really flexible, ecclectic, and most surprising, she seems to even have experience with dogs like Grimm. (Feisty Fido) New Patricia McC blog? How cool is that! Thanks, Ruth!

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just started reading the blog and I am already learning new things. I'm especially interested in her new book where she talks about using play to train. I do that quite a bit with Rafi to refocus his prey drive when he's off leash.

I always listen to "Calling All Pets" and last week she was talking about "negative punishment" which is a very interesting concept. You can listen to that show here: http://www.wpr.org/pets/listen.cfm (The 2/7 show). I am actually going to email and ask her to clarify something about the concept because I would like to use it with Rafi but his response doesn't exactly fit her model.

Patti--watch for a new picture thread from Cleo featuring her with her dogs through the years.

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
ME LOVE CLEO!!!

Patricia McConnell is so fantastic. Has she another book coming out? ::::whiiinnne whiiinnne whiiinnne???::::

·
Registered
906 Posts
I am almost done reading "The other end of the leash", and I love it!! I am definitely going to bookmark that page, and order some more of her books from Amazon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts