German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a rescue dog, looks very german shepherd. His two front paws look like in the photos which we understand are pasterns down. Our vet suggested purchasing (because they are cheaper) skate boarder wrist supports, look a lot like carpul tunnel supports. Anyone else use these and suggest which kind. No idea of the age of the dog, maybe 6 or 7. Very many thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'd call your local skateboard shop, explain the situation and ask if you can bring the dog in to see what is available so you can match dog to support. They may be more knowledgeable about support and be able to help. Hope it helps, he looks really uncomfortable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou, never thought about doing that. He doesn't appear to be in discomfort, seemingly walks around pretty good but definitely not going to be running. He doesn't limp or anything. He looks more like a bear. A very sweet dog.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Sorry your pup is dealing with this. What is your vet doing to address this? I have no experience with this condition, but a quick search will find you articles like the one below ( I also have no idea how valid the article is - just an example)
Hope you can find some sort of treatment to aid in your pup's development.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much for this I will look into it. Actually we did not get much assistance from the vet, this was all his advice to us. He didnt seem to know too much about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts