German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Re: Parents are taking up for their biting Pom-HEL

The other day I was walking in a pet supply store and at the same time a big burly guy with a small little shiztu (sp?), or something that looked like a shiztu, was walking past me. Just as I was passing the dog, he got the sudden urge to attack my feet! Luckily the owner had him on a leash and pulled him back. But he really made me mad, when he thought it was funny! He gave me a half hearted apology and walked away. There I am standing in the middle of the street, staring at his back with my mouth agape, thinking "you got to be kidding me!"

The point is, people thing that small dogs don't need training because they won't cause harm! I had a toy poodle for about 10-11 years before he passed, and lemme tell you, it is the smaller dogs you have to look out for! I think they have a bigger stubborn streak than a GS. For some reason, it was more difficult training my toy poodle than it is training my GS. Big, small, medium doesn't matter...all dogs need training. Had that dog actually bit me, it would cause a whole heap of a mess and I am sure that guy would not have been laughing!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.