German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
They will understand when they get sued by a neighbor or employee (delivery man, meter reader, etc). You have done what you could and you did a very good job, but they are nurturing a vicious animal. I cannot believe they are allowing their dog attack their own child (you, adult or not), but it happens and I am sorry this is the case with your parents.

For your child's well being and also for yours, I would suggest refusing to come over until they have that pom trained as you've already stated. A small dog can do a lot of damage to a child's face and you would only get berated for trying to correct the dog for biting you. Don't let them bring the pom over either. If they believe the dog is more important than their family, you will find this out in short order.

Some people are just blind to the fact that Little Snookums is being raised to be vicious. They would not allow this to happen with a Rottweiler, but if it's a pom, poodle, or mini schnauzer, it's "cute." It is disgusting, dangerous, and is like hanging a neon sign saying "I have a vicious dog, please sue me now" on their front door.

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
Re: Parents are taking up for their biting Pom-HEL

Quote:Even with someone else, I'm pondering reporting the dog.
It would probably cause quite the family rift but it may prevent them from being sued and it may prevent a kid from getting that bite that's an inch lower... a pom could easily take out an eye or rip off a lip. Even if there is no big physical damage, the mental damage could be great enough to cause another human to grow up with a needless fear of dogs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.