German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a German shepherd puppy today they said she was born on oct 23rd but that would only make her 5 weeks old right? She's pretty big atleast 10 pounds. Well I got her around 5 pm and it Is now 11pm and everytime she wakes up she pants alot. Is this normal or what should I do?

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Didn't you get a puppy last week who was 6.5 weeks old? Where is that puppy? Did you get another one?

If this puppy was really born on 10/23 then she's under 5 weeks old. This is really young to be removing from her litter and mother. Is she already weaned? What kind of situation did you get her from? What kind of vetting has she had?

Was she living outside? If so then she is probably panting because she's not used to the warmer temps inside. Panting can also indicate stress which is not a surprising reaction if she's that young and in a new home, etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes we got another one from another litter and all the other puppies were already sold she was the last one. I don't know her situation. The lady said she eats hard food now but she hasn't eaten yet and also no vets have seen her yet since we just got her. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
so now you have two puppies?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no we have one puppy. the first one we got had a hernia on her stomach from her umbilical cord not healing properly and our friend not only wanted her but also had the money to be able to get her surgery.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We took her to the vet this morning and she had really bad parvo so we had to put her to sleep:( it was one of the hardest things for me my pets are my babies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts