German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I'm getting a bit nervous here, I have a 6 month old female GSD that got a clean bill of health the last visit to the vet. My question is, she was laying on the floor chewing a rope and all of a sudden just started to pant really heavy? It didn't last long but she did it in her crate as well? I read that this could be heartworm but she was just tested 3 weeks ago. Please tell me something good.

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
Did she ingest some of the rope? She may have it stuck in her throat. Is she drinking alot of water?
I don't think at her age advanced heartworm infestation would be possible, especially if she was recently tested.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the rope is still intact, she's laying on the floor sleeping now and having puppy dreams lol. As for the water she always has drank a lot of water. I am going to call the vet again tomorrow just to ease my mind, it just struck me kind of odd to start panting for no reason.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I was worried about Zoe's non stop panting at one point and took her in for a urine and blood work up, but alas I was just being a crazy mom,lol Keep an eye on it for sure, but dogs pant for lots of reason's other than illness like stress, heat, or thirst.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That makes me fel a bit better but this isn't non stop, this was like she just sat up and started panting for say 10 or 15 seconds and then it stoped? I never had a dog do that? I'm anal so I will just take her to the vet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts