German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter is a 9 weeks old male. He had swallowed a sewing needle 4 days back. Without any pain or lack of appetite or lethargy he expelled the needle in his poop day before yesterday. I found a small reddish blister kind of stuff near his genital yesterday morning. By today morning it grew so rapidly into a lump of size of large shirt button measuring around 1.3 cm in diameter. It was painless and had some blood as well but no yellow pus kind of stuff in it. It was so much painless that puppy didn't stop me from puncturing. However it felt very little pain when I squeezed out the watery blood from that lump. He do not lick it as well and have no other signs of pain or internal organ injury. I must also place here that he had heavy worn infestation and pooped 7 worms in one go when I dewormed it yesterday. Please see attached images.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
You need to take him in to the vet again to make sure there are no more needles in him. Please don't mess with it yourself. This is not an online issue in my opinion.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need to take him in to the vet again to make sure there are no more needles in him. Please don't mess with it yourself. This is not an online issue in my opinion.
It has no more Needles in stomach. Confirmed from x-ray

·
Registered
16,070 Posts
Right next to a nipple.... Welcome to puppy care and many trips to the vet. ... Be prepared to be happy if it is a trip that turns out to be unnecessary because those are the best ones. As in the results would be something easily taken care of --- Like my trip to the emergency vet just to have my dog pee on their floor (she felt instantly better) but this was so much better than a bloat incident or a whole bunch of other things. So yes, put the vet on speed dial, give 'em a call and go in.....

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
If this dog swallowed a needle, I would be terrified that the needle punctured something. I would be headed to the vet right away, or at the very very least, calling them to ask what they think. It just seems like too big of a coincidence to me.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
You said there was an xray done, so I'm assuming you did take him to the vet. What did the vet say about the issue you asked people here about? I would quickly take him to the vet instead of waiting for answers here.

Good luck! My advice, go to the vet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You said there was an xray done, so I'm assuming you did take him to the vet. What did the vet say about the issue you asked people here about? I would quickly take him to the vet instead of waiting for answers here.

Good luck! My advice, go to the vet.
Vet told me to keep his tummy filled and wait for 2 days and see if it poops. Accordingly he expelled needle without any pain. Now he is completely normal and have no diarrhoea, lethargy or any other painful experience. The bump I was talking about is completely superficial and have nothing related bleeding from any of the organ. I punctured it and sprayed some maggoticide. now it's healing. If it would have been painful he would have licked it at least.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts