German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday when I came home, I left him out of his crate because I wasn't sure how long I'd be gone and didn't want him locked up all day, and when I came home, I had one happy puppy! (He didn't tear anything up or have any accidents!) :D

He's got it down that I don't like him jumping up on me, and is getting that I don't want him jumping on other people. So what's he do? He jumps up and makes SURE his feet don't touch me or whoever he's greeting. It's so funny. I'd still prefer him not to jump up like that at all, but I guess it's 'more' okay than if he's all over my legs.

Geez, my dog is just over four months and he's already starting to outsmart me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Way to go Ozzy! And good job on your part for being such a good trainer :D

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
haha my dog does the same thing. Dodger only jumps up on me when he's really really really and I mean really excited. He's learned not to put his feet on me. He hasn't done this in a while so I'm hoping he learned jumping gets him no where.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
He's got it down that I don't like him jumping up on me, and is getting that I don't want him jumping on other people. So what's he do? He jumps up and makes SURE his feet don't touch me or whoever he's greeting.
That's exactly what Harley does, and he never touches us! He's actually pretty graceful about the whole thing. ;)
Now you should come up with a word (up? dance?) and hand signal to go with it, voila! New trick!

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
ooo I agree with whiteshepherds turn it in to a trick!!! how cute would that be to have Ozzy dance?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He did something really cool at the park today! I took both him and Sania out to play fetch, and when he jumped, I did the hand motion for him to spin, and he hit my leg with his paw and spun in midair! It was SO COOL. I made him do it a few times. He only made contact with my leg when I told him to spin. :D

I'll have to see if I can get him to do it tomorrow and I'll record him. It was too dark or I would have recorded him just a minute ago.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
thats awesome! Riley used to only jump up but not touch us.... now i dunno what his deal is. He's been a punk lately.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts