German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for those who do NOT support BSL.

Texas: “Justin’s Law” supporters searching for sponsor | Stop BSL

This really scares me. GSDs are next on the list if they pass this type of thing.

For those of you who live in Texas, please write to your representatives telling them you do not support this, and you don't want them to either! The link above has instructions at the end of the article telling you how to find out who your reps are (I didn't know).

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
What!?!? I live in Texas! I haven't even heard anything about this? I love my GSD and also have own two "pit bulls"... They never hurt anyone.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
It irritates me to no end when they attach a victim's name to intended laws to personalize them.
This was an accident, no owner intends for their dog to maul a child, no matter how irresponsible or negligent. How about the father who deliberately pointed a gun at his own two children to avoid them being returned to Canada in a custody battle, and shot one kid through the other while the older boy was shielding his sister with his body? Do they get a law banning guns in Texas? That law could have two kids' names!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thankfully, a bill like this isn't likely to pass with a felony stipulation.
Hopefully the supporters of the bill will refuse to back down on that portion, which will prevent the BSL from ever passing.
I agree that it's not likely, so I'm not overly concerned. But some crazy stuff has been happening lately....so I'd rather be safe than sorry :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts