German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know how it goes, the golden years are here at last......

I was just out playing with Summer... playing 2 ball, one a ball tug. We were "tugging" and I just felt like two things popping in my arm. Not muscle - this was different... now my arms starting to stiffen.

I don't care I'm over 60.... in my head, I'm not and with my young dog, I'm not..... (well maybe after just now).....

Just venting... this is the first time I've done something weird to my body playing with her. I make allowances and we do about 10 brisk play sessions a day rather then less for a longer period of time. Arm feels tingly cold now. No big deal but I'm not very happy with my body.
LOL TS right?

She loves the "ritual" where I pick her up every month and "weight us" and subtract weight to get hers.... I said I wasn't going to do it when she hit 70 lbs.. but then this winter, she went up to 80..I did. now she's back to 70 (outdoor exercise again) and so I'm swearing off weighing her again.

I'm ok with getting older, but shoot - it seems like every year now - it's not so much a gradual thing but some significant restrictions. I did this stuff last summer fine - why not this summer only a little less.... no - a lot less. Waaah!:mad:

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Ahhhh--I am with you. I just turned 69, and proud of it. But, my goodness, the body seems like it's becoming a traitor of sorts. My hands--my hands used to be so strong! They still are, if I can use just my 4 fingers, not my thumbs. The thumbs are the traitors! And do anything that requires some physicality, and it takes 2 days to recuperate. Well, I take after my grandmother who lived until she was 102, and she mowed her own grass until she was well into her nineties. She is my inspiration!

Susan

·
Super Moderator
5,860 Posts
Yes to all of the above:)Nothing works right anymore,it takes five times longer to do anything,then sore for two days after.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Just about every night, I get down on the floor to snuggle and play with Newlie which is easy enough to do. It's the getting up that kills me. I keep thinking one of these days that I am going to get stuck and have to call someone to rescue me.

·
4,483 Posts
Just about every night, I get down on the floor to snuggle and play with Newlie which is easy enough to do. It's the getting up that kills me. I keep thinking one of these days that I am going to get stuck and have to call someone to rescue me.

New training "trick" Newlie, get phone! Now call 911.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts