German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I found a bump on my puppies nose last night. It popped up in less than a half hour. It wasn’t there and I went to make dinner, and she was just hanging out in the living with my boyfriend. What could this be?! Should I go to the vet or will they laugh at me for being an overprotective pet parent? Is it a fast growing mole or a bump?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I don't think they'll laugh at you, but I'd probably just keep an eye on it for a while and see if it changes or gets bigger.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think they'll laugh at you, but I'd probably just keep an eye on it for a while and see if it changes or gets bigger.
ok I will. My boyfriend thinks she just scratched her nose on something and she’ll be fine. I take her to the vet obsessively (can you tell I haven’t had a dog in awhile?! Hahah). It just popped up so fast. I’m with her all day and it was a bump in <30 minutes.

·
Registered
268 Posts
My 5-month puppy was diagnosed with "Puppy Acne" approx. a month ago. Although it's more common on the chin and mouth area, it can appear in the groin area. In my dog's case, it looked like more of a rash and kept reappearing on her lower tummy.

I watched it for awhile. I took her to the vet, after it kept subsiding and then reappearing. We eventually went to the vet, and got a course of antibiotics. Upon completion of the antibiotics, it disappeared.

Other than that, she has had a couple of minor scrapes that went away on their own. She likely got them from playing with sticks/small tree branches in the back yard. I'm on board with the wait and see approach. Sometimes, I think we can get more alarmed with little boo boo's we see on our dogs, as opposed to us. I guess it's because they can't talk to us about it, LOL

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My 5-month puppy was diagnosed with "Puppy Acne" approx. a month ago. Although it's more common on the chin and mouth area, it can appear in the groin area. In my dog's case, it looked like more of a rash and kept reappearing on her lower tummy.

In my case, I watched it for awhile. I took her to the vet, after it kept subsiding and then reappearing. We eventually went to the vet, and got a course of antibiotics. Upon completion of the antibiotics, it disappeared.

Other than that, she has had a couple of minor scrapes that went away on their own. She likely got them from playing with sticks/small tree branches in the back yard. I'm on board with the wait and see approach. Sometimes, I think we can get more alarmed with little boo boo's we see on our dogs, as opposed to us. I guess it's because they can't talk to us about it, LOL
Haha! That makes sense! My boyfriend wasn’t worried at all and I was like, MY BABY! It actually looks less swollen even an hour later. It’s just odd because there’s no blood if it’s a scratch. I’ll keep an eye on it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts