German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sheba is 26 months old. We rescued her at 7 months old. She immediately took a bonding to my 16 year old daughter.

When my daughter is home Sheba will not leave her, and barks everytime someone comes near her or her room. She sometimes is agressive and has snapped at those near her.

When my daughter is not around Sheba is very timid, but not aggressive in anyway.

I am not sure of her early history in detail, but do know that she came from a young lady who was in abusive relationship. I am sure that is where this behavior is coming from.

Recently we rescued RIEKEN, a 4 year old GSD. REIKEN is very well behaved. RIEKEN, Sheba and Bandit, our other 8 month old pup were introduced to each other at the shelter. They got along fine.

It was expected there may be some issues once REIKEN came home.

last night RIEKEN and Sheba got into it pretty rough. Sheba went after Rieken when he got near my daughter. is this normal socialization between dogs or something I should be overly concerned with? Rieken was clearly not the initiator.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that is what I meant with this email. She is definitely very possesive with my daughter.

I have 20 years of experience and training with GSD ( Military Police K9) and have yet to come across one as bad this. Sheba is great with Bandit (in house since he was 12 weeks old, and in time sure she will be better with Reiken.

Thanks for the info

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.