German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://ozarksfirst.com/content/fulltext/?cid=46781

http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_Animal_Rescue_in_Polk_County_363_Animals_Now_Safe_22082.html

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hxB4EiNVgnZPjRYZhLWsnv8VB99AD92H22DO0

More of this from that last link:
More than 360 domestic and farm animals, many of them emaciated, injured and suffering from mange and parasites, were rescued Tuesday from a filthy southwest Missouri property where they were hoarded and bred, authorities said.

The owner of the property was charged with child endangerment because six children, ages 1 to 11, also had been living in what authorities described as an unbelievable scene: 12 to 15 house trailers stacked to the ceilings with junk, trash and debris, crawling with cockroaches. The only water source was a bunch of garden hoses strung together.

"These homes are not fit for anyone to live in," human or animal, Polk County Sheriff Steve Bruce said.

The 363 animals include more than 70 dogs and more than three dozen cats, plus donkeys, rabbits, ducks, chickens, and exotic fish. The Humane Society of Missouri and Polk County also found 12 to 15 dead rabbits, dogs, cats, and poultry.

·
Banned
1,829 Posts
HOw Sad

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Thank you Jean for making me aware of this. I am so glad to be apart of this forum. Today was my 2 nd born first day of school. Then I get on here check my messages.
Not knowing about this at all, I see this off to the side.
So close to home.
Seems like we just had a situation in Horton or something like that MO. Lawrence Ks took 47 dogs and placed 45 in two days.
We will rally for these animals.
Unbelievable, they were in such horrible shape!!
Some are going to St. Louis, I am going to see what I can do.
If anything. I feel so helpless.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just so terrible.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
AND children. I just continued to read. 6 children!! I just cannot believe it. That is horrible.
There is so much land in the midwest where things like this can happen. I saw a lot when we traveled to Arkansas. Live stock mostly, horrible conditions.
A lot of breeding signs. In front yards signs for pups for sale.
How can that all be kept track of!!

·
Registered
945 Posts
That is just crazy and insane. Wait not insane but rather irresponsible. Here in MO there are so many rescue org's and individual people who want to help out. And for those kids. OMG.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Oh boy - it's obvious not everyone has a good functioning brain or common sense.

Too bad it took so long to surface.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Man that is horrid! Definitely some mental illness issues here. Poor kids and animals.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Wow! when I read the article I found it so hard to comprehend & process it all. These people have to be mentally ill. My heart goes out to those poor children and animals. The sad thing is that God only knows how many other children and animals are going through this everyday. Geez this is the USA... things like this shouldn't happen here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts