German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you leave your dog unattended in an outside yard at times, what do you provide for entertainment?

Our girl is getting old enough to be in an outside enclosure on her own for short periods when we're out. She has some soft toys, a bully stick, places to dig, a paddle pool, and a big palm frond. She likes all of these but I don't want her getting bored. What else can I safely give her to keep her occupied?

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
I don't give toys in the outdoor kennel. They have never used them. Once in a while they get a bully stick when getting in. They will eat these but other than that they are waiting for me to come and "rescue" them. I rotate them though, never the two together in a kennel and I never leave the house if they are kenneled outside but are crated inside when I leave.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
That sounds like plenty of toys to me! I wouldn't be so worried. You want her to learn to be able to be by herself without needing constant entertainment. I think what you have is great as is.

Reactions: Feather

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks :) I won't worry too much more about it then. It's not a kennel, rather a section of our back yard partitioned off with access to an enclosed area under the house. When she gets bigger I'll take the temporary fence down so she has access to the whole yard.

·
Super Moderator
5,914 Posts
The jolly ball. Everyone’s favorite toy around here! We have 2 of them, and they all play with them constantly.

·
Registered
7,745 Posts
Balls are Max’s favorite but often he will wait by the door to play. Luna likes to scatter her stuffed toys everywhere which they will play keep away or some game with each other.

·
Super Moderator
5,914 Posts
Carly has never carried it by the handle, lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts