German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ammo has a really bad habit of nipping people's feet when they walk by him. It's a cute little puppy thing, but at almost 10 months and 80lbs it's stop being so cute. I had read a post about someone using a spray bottle to discipline their dog and thought I would give it a try.

Day one of the water bottle he would stop biting when he was sprayed and look at me trying to figure it out. It took no time for him to pick up that when he tries to nip feet he gets sprayed. Day two he was nippy until I got the bottle out and stopped as soon as he saw it. No need to spray him at all.

Tonite I was wanting to cuddle with him so I called him over to me. Normally being pet is an instant invitation for him to crawl up on the couch, which is no no. Today while he was standing being pet he started to put a paw up on the couch and then eyed the water bottle and sat down instead. I never even thought about spraying him. Haven't even used it in a few days.

I guess he has decided that the spray bottle means follow ALL the rules. I wonder if it would work on my kids, lol.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
So Ammo has a really bad habit of nipping people's feet when they walk by him. It's a cute little puppy thing, but at almost 10 months and 80lbs it's stop being so cute. I had read a post about someone using a spray bottle to discipline their dog and thought I would give it a try.

Day one of the water bottle he would stop biting when he was sprayed and look at me trying to figure it out. It took no time for him to pick up that when he tries to nip feet he gets sprayed. Day two he was nippy until I got the bottle out and stopped as soon as he saw it. No need to spray him at all.

Tonite I was wanting to cuddle with him so I called him over to me. Normally being pet is an instant invitation for him to crawl up on the couch, which is no no. Today while he was standing being pet he started to put a paw up on the couch and then eyed the water bottle and sat down instead. I never even thought about spraying him. Haven't even used it in a few days.

I guess he has decided that the spray bottle means follow ALL the rules. I wonder if it would work on my kids, lol.

Ha Ha! Thats great! Love these stories! I'd tried this with Cruz but he just wanted more! I wish the spray would have worked for me like it has for you but he loves water sooooo much!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha Ha! Thats great! Love these stories! I'd tried this with Cruz but he just wanted more! I wish the spray would have worked for me like it has for you but he loves water sooooo much!
Ammo loves water too so it really surprised me that the spray bottle actually worked. I figured it was a 50/50 shot given that he hates baths.

·
Registered
10,803 Posts
I'll bet his next step will be: do something naughty, wait until you are ready to spray, and just before you do he will be on his good behavior.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts