German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 4 1/2 month old pup is a great do 85% of the time but sometimes she is just insane. i like to call it happy hour.
happy hour happens here a couple times a day. today she was so pumped up all day my mom took ava out side to potty. when she got outside ava took off. when she got to the end of her leash she pulled the leash right out of my moms hand. my mom then chased her down and got her. ava the was running back and forth to try to jerk the leash out of moms hand again. in the process wrapping her self up in the leash.when mom tried to free ava from the leash ava started to bite my moms hand and drew blood. i have had puppies before never have i seen one bite like this. most of the time she will stop with a loud " NO BITE" if that doesnt work then i get up and walk away and ignore her. but lately it isnt working. i get up and walk away and she will bark like crazy and attack my legs for a few minutes befor giving up. i love my dog but the biting is getting out of hand. i do everything i have been told to do toys, ignore her, timeouts. what do i do?

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have swatted her in the butt once or twice but i really dont like it. she looks at me like "you hit me. how could you?" we are gonna start training classes this month and i have been reading books about training but she seems to go crazy.

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thank you for all the feed back. i do agree that a tired puppy is a happy puppy. most of the time that is how i handle it. just wear her out. i got hurt while i was in the army and some days i have some trouble getting around. my yard isnt fenced but i am working on that. we go for long walks and go to the park to run free. i do need to get the yard fenced. this is ava's forever home and that will not change. i do have the time and money to train her. am looking for a good trainer here. i dont want to do petsmart or petco. i havent herd good things about them. any one know a good trainer in central florida?

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
my brother comes over alot. so when i am not feelin so good he makes sure she gets walked. we try to go to the park at least 3 or 4 times a week but i always feel i could be doing more. and it is pretty easy to see that when she is tired she is better behaved. we just got back from the dog park then had a bath and now she is passed out. i like when she is tired lol.
p.s. i met a super cute woman at the dog park today

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
my brother and i are very close he comes over pretty much every day. he went with me to get ava when she was a puppy. ava knows that she is my dog but she has bonded very well with my brother and my mom who is staying in my spare bedroom. they both help out alot when it comes to ava. as far as the chick magnet thing goes i am waiting for her to work her magic lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.