German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
although this is the time of year when "got to go out before it gets hot" changes to "lets wait a bit and see if it warms up", sometimes we have to get an early start.
For those who are part of the debate over how to reward...food vs toys vs affection...may I suggest Fall Leaves Tossed Into The Air.

·
Super Moderator
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got sucked down the bunny trail on You Tube and found this little guy! At the end notice all of his awards. I think it would have been charming and fun to watch him earn his BH.

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Nice video! Yes the bunny trail I have to get out! super cute! Little dogs can be trained to although it does require much more patience! Talented teams!

·
Registered
942 Posts
I love it! and yes definitely agree @Jenny720 - lol we are currently in the process of working with our 6 year old puggle "Pugsley"!

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Awesome!! Ranks right up there with your Pinecone Queen. Now you have a Leaf King :) The second video was delightful. I was waiting for the little guy to open up the Champagne!

Reactions: car2ner

·
Super Moderator
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can do with more nice days like we had around D.C. early February. I had planned on doing trailing on hardscape but the places I wanted to go was covered with salt. So instead I played around in the yard. Nice thing about videos...it makes it very clear that I should help my gal-dog find her heel/start position. She's too interested in looking up front.

so 2 dogs, 2 toys, no place commands to wait turns, one camera take-out (always consider your fall zone when recording) and some grins and giggles.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Looks like your guy? Creates a living fence around you while playing with your gal? Lol. Love that they are so active but well mannered waiting their turn. Thanks for the smile.

Reactions: car2ner

·
Super Moderator
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like your guy? Creates a living fence around you while playing with your gal? Lol. Love that they are so active but well mannered waiting their turn. Thanks for the smile.
the urge to herd is strong in my gal. My boy, he loves displays of his strength. Quite the pair.

·
Super Moderator
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your videos make me feel peaceful and happy. :)
Glad to read that. We often get so tense if we are working toward a sport title. I can afford to relax and enjoy the whole process. Put on some fun music and we are good to go.

·
Super Moderator
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Short and silly. Yes, my reward marker was off, wrong, goofy but thank goodness my gal-dog is smart enough to know I liked what she did. This is a new thing we are playing with.

·
Super Moderator
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
3rd day practicing Rally. The sign says "figure 8, no distractions"...and I laughed...There are HORSES over there. I was pleased when the scent and movement of playing horses really wasn't an issue.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts