German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title should have been "our water adventures"... could a mod change it? dumb smart phone. :p

Anyway, I took the crew to a friend's house to make sure they'd jump into clear water because they have a Dock Diving competition today and had never jumped into clear water... just a recap in pictures! They all jumped, by the way! Frag and Sir loved it... Recon just fell in a lot. ;)

Sir Jumps by DJetzel, on Flickr

Sir Jump Sequence by DJetzel, on Flickr

ReconWater by DJetzel, on Flickr

Recon Water by DJetzel, on Flickr

Recon Jumps by DJetzel, on Flickr

Frag Sequence by DJetzel, on Flickr

Frag Fall by DJetzel, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Great pictures thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
awesome pictures! looks like a blast.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, we had a ton of fun! More pictures coming soon from the competition.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
That looks like a ton of fun!!

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Those pictures are awesome! Does the pool have a liner? I'm asking because Wolfie jumped into my inlaws pool, and they freaked out because they thought he was going to rip the liner.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those pictures are awesome! Does the pool have a liner? I'm asking because Wolfie jumped into my inlaws pool, and they freaked out because they thought he was going to rip the liner.
Yes, it does. It's a concern to have. I trimmed and dremelled the dog's nails before going and was quick to grab them out when they went for the sides, but they have 3 pitties that swim in it and count on replacing the liner once a year regardless. lol.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Yes, it does. It's a concern to have. I trimmed and dremelled the dog's nails before going and was quick to grab them out when they went for the sides, but they have 3 pitties that swim in it and count on replacing the liner once a year regardless. lol.
We lifted Wolfie out so he didn't touch the sides. I always wondered if their concerns were valid since I see a lot of pictures of dogs in pools.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We lifted Wolfie out so he didn't touch the sides. I always wondered if their concerns were valid since I see a lot of pictures of dogs in pools.
I think a lot of people that own them teach them right away to use the stairs so there's no chance of harm otherwise. My Pit and Border Collie didn't figure it out as fast as my GSD so they just got grabbed from the sides to prevent clawing at the liner.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Awesome pictures!
I'm sorry but couldn't stop from laughing at Recon & his falling. The picture with his mouth opened looks like he is yelling at you for making him fall. lol

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome pictures!
I'm sorry but couldn't stop from laughing at Recon & his falling. The picture with his mouth opened looks like he is yelling at you for making him fall. lol
Recon is a loud mouth. lol. He ran around the pool barking until he got the courage to jump in. :p

He is also very uncoordinated still, hence the falling in. And he's learning to be graceful.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 15 of 15 Posts