German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In spring summer and fall I bike to my parents house every Sunday (weather permitting) with one or both of the boys. Its almost exactly 7 miles, mostly flat except for a hill towards the end. We usually do it in about an hour and a half to two hours, mostly because we stop for almost half an hour at water break #4 (on the map).
Water break #1 is really quick, just 3-5 minutes. Break #2 is about 15 minutes at a big building with a grassy area behind it that has a lot of shade. Break #3 is also about 15 minutes at a big field and there is a little creek/run off type thing that I let them lay in if they want to cool off, usually they run around and play:rolleyes:. Break #4 is usually 20-30 minutes at a building (like offices or something) with the playground behind it. It has a large mowed area that has good shade too. Break #5 is another quick one, a few minutes. We also have to stop frequently for a minute or two due to traffic, at places where there isn't much of a shoulder on the road. I wear a backpack and carry a couple gallons of water, a metal bowl, their leashes, a couple of balls and a first aid kit (and my cell phone, keys and ID). Our destination is my parents house, where I get dinner and the boys usually get spoiled with left overs. While we are there we usually go to the playground with my niece where she and the dogs play and the boys get to run around off leash (unless other people are there). My niece is 2 and both the dogs listen very well to her. My parents usually drive us home as it is dark by then. Sometimes if we leave early enough we bike back.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts