German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This little guy will be coming home to us in June! I'm so excited! We have yet to come up with any names, so if y'all have any ideas about what to name him let me know!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
He's adorable.

What are your plans for him? Maybe you could come up with something related to what you plan for him? If he's going to be a hiking partner: Rocky, Trek

Have a favorite TV series or movie? Who's your favorite character? The possibilities are endless.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's funny you should mention the name Rocky. I had mentioned it to my husband, because he said he needs a tough name, and he just gave me this look like "heck no" lol. But I said Rocky because of the movie. But good idea, I'll have to right down all my favorite characters in all my favorite tv shows lol.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
he is adorable, that blanket reminds me of Colorado, so im thinking ASPEN :)

OOH! Good one!!! I didn't even notice the blanket actually. Home sweet home. That or Arizona. Could use Phoenix as a name

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
It's funny you should mention the name Rocky. I had mentioned it to my husband, because he said he needs a tough name, and he just gave me this look like "heck no" lol. But I said Rocky because of the movie. But good idea, I'll have to right down all my favorite characters in all my favorite tv shows lol.

Sounds like my husband lol. Told him I was naming my next pup Dax. He was like "no, stupid name" then I explained WHY I wanted to call him Dax and now he loves it lol

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
if y'all have any ideas about what to name him let me know!

He looks like a Thor to me.

How nice it must be to have such anticipation and excitement.

Enjoy,

Superg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha, men. So I know that GSDs tend to change color as they get older, y'all think he'll stay mostly dark? His other siblings, except one female that looks like him, are much lighter and have more brown. His parents are both faded tan and black, I have pictures of them on the welcome board. I could re-post them if you want to see.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Enjoy your quiet time while it lasts.
Lol there is no quiet time in this house, not with soon to be one year old and a corgi. There will be lots of play time out doors with us this summer so my house isn't completely destroyed lol. I'm looking forward to all the training and staying busy, as I am a stay at home mom. I'm sure my corgi daughter that loves to play will keep him busy, mostly lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He's Here!!!

Here he is!!!! I thought of Baxley for a name, it's the county in Georgia where he's from. He's pretty laid back, for now lol. He plays nicely with my daughter, though I think she's a bit rough with him lol. So far so good, he's pooped once in the house, and peed twice. Been trying to make sure I take him out often. He follows me every where! Lays down at my feet, sits beside where I'm standing! He's so cool! Should make lease training easy, that's how my Corgi was. I actually never put her on a lease until she was like a year or two years old but then I was fortunate enough to live on a huge farm.

Enjoy the pics!

She was giving him loves. She does this to us and our Corgi.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
soooo cute! and soooooo cute with the baby!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After watching videos on puppy training, because I'm always trying to learn more, I keep him on a leash. Less chance of him going potty in side, biting my daughter, or tearing something up. He's doing good on it, he will whine because it only goes so far and he wants to go further but he comes back and lies down at my feet.

He slept in the bathroom last night and didn't go potty at all.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Cute!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts