German Shepherds Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks, Catrinka. That'd be just fine with me. Vulcan is a great one.

I saw some of your posts. How is Luca doing? He looked great in the pics you had posted. I'm curious: did his size level off close to the standard? My pup is from a litter of 6. He seems to be growing about on pace with your Luca; he was 16.2 lbs at 7 weeks. So, definitely on the large side of the standard. Hoping not too large. The sire Vulcan is 88 lbs and the dam Mia is 70 lbs.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
I saw some of your posts. How is Luca doing? He looked great in the pics you had posted. I'm curious: did his size level off close to the standard? My pup is from a litter of 6. He seems to be growing about on pace with your Luca; he was 16.2 lbs at 7 weeks. So, definitely on the large side of the standard. Hoping not too large. The sire Vulcan is 88 lbs and the dam Mia is 70 lbs.
Thanks for asking about my Luca! At 9.5 months and 94 lbs now, he's considerably bigger than I'd anticipated, but the weight gain has slowed greatly in the past couple of months (fortunately!). He was a moose at birth and early puppyhood and I guess he's going to continue to be on the large side. I'm keeping him lean now and he's remarkably agile for such a big boy, though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
He's a very handsome dog, Catrinka, and a big dude. He looks great.

Also want to note (unrelated to our aside), the age warning bit on the belly-rub puppy picture I posted is hilarious.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I think it should come with a warning, personally. Now I want a puppy so I can rub his belly. sigh

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Aw, he's beautiful. We brought our 6 month home when we did so she could learn boundaries and the ropes from our older girls. We've enjoyed watching her learn and grow. Learning to swim not wade is next.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new pup's arrival.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Also want to note (unrelated to our aside), the age warning bit on the belly-rub puppy picture I posted is hilarious.
Haha! They should put a warning on all those pics of Scout's new friend. The memories are still fresh of how bedraggled I felt in those early weeks of getting a new puppy, but after seeing the pics of this little guy I'm wanting another one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Aw, he's beautiful. We brought our 6 month home when we did so she could learn boundaries and the ropes from our older girls. We've enjoyed watching her learn and grow. Learning to swim not wade is next.
Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new pup's arrival.
Scout has her range dialed in on our farm. I expect she'll teach our pup just as your older girls are doing for yours. I will be glad to post pictures of his arrival--just one more week.
Haha! They should put a warning on all those pics of Scout's new friend. The memories are still fresh of how bedraggled I felt in those early weeks of getting a new puppy, but after seeing the pics of this little guy I'm wanting another one.
Careful, Catrinka. BTW, exactly 20 lbs at his 8-week weigh-in.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Have fun!

Reactions: Greg75

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
Ranger checking out Scout's ball-hawking skills. He's being schooled by the master.
20210527_184544.jpg

And getting a pre-puppy-immunity lift from me as we prepare to head to the hardware store for tools and socialization.
20210523_125314.jpg

21 - 40 of 49 Posts