German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We participated in our first Barn Hunt and Trailing and Locating trials this weekend!

Friday morning we failed our instinct test because of my nervousness. I called the first tube she was really interested in without having her smell the third tube. The club was also hosting their first NASDA trailing and locating tests. It was most everyone’s first time trying it. So I figured why not try it too. And to my amazement we Actually passed. Today we did two more of trailings(failed 1 but she did really good)and passed our instinct. Our new goal is to get TL1. We have to qualify three more times to get the title. Overall, we had a lot of fun and never met such a warm and welcoming group of people before. It was really awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
Congratulations!

Always a bit nerve wracking going to your first trial. It does get better though. It will always be harder on you than her in any nose sport because she’ll always know just might not be sure of what you want.

Ask me how I know, haha!

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Congrats on your achievements! And I salute you for doing a couple days worth as a first time. It sounds like you both had a lot of fun and that's the best part of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts