German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of times before I had taken a peek in show dogs, but I had only been there for awhile and leaved, this time I not only stayed the full two days, but also was part of the organization.

For some months I had been meeting with the local GSD club, even when they are show people, because they want to work more and better in the training aspects to be able to Kkl their dogs. There is a merit in them, it is really hard to do things here because of climatic, enviromental and geographical conditions. Starting by the lack of grass, the isolation (the nearest other dog clubs are 800 km away in Argentina and 1200 in Chile), the dust and sun that makes a mess with coats, etc...

I was in charge of the revision, teeth, testicles, tattoos... which was fun until I had to report an enognat female to the judge and she was disqualified, wich was sad since the owner has been very kind to me and even drove me home a couple of times.

But of course the best part for me was the previous days. Friday came the trial helper to give kind of a small seminar for the club members. He worked with Diabla and now she is leaving the sleeve at my order, we also worked on her being too impulsive on the blinds, not trying to do things that day, but mainly showing my helper how to keep the work in the future. Saturday was the KKL test and a small training competition. Diabla won Novice category

Overall it was an exciting weekend. Show is not my thing and will never be, but it is always good to be surrounded by dog people.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Sounds like you had a great weekend!!!
Looks like they are trying to follow the SV style.

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Good for you for not just going, but participating! And it's sounds like you have to really make an effort to do so in your area.

Keep up with the photos too!

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes we are part of the WUSV and follow SV rules, otherwise it will be a chilean shepherd or something, not a German Shepherd. Now, in my personal opinion, the judge was very soft in the training aspects of the tests, probably not to discourage this starting group of enthusiasts... but even the SV doesn't apply the same standards with the show dogs than with the working dogs, which I will always find unfair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts