German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven’t been on here much due to preparation for Ozzy and I debut at WDC.

I can’t be more proud of my boy, we rocked our first championship.
Ozzy vom haus Fleming new IGP1
96 88 80 TSB pronounced and 3rd place for IGP1 tied score for second and high tracking and high OB for IGP1’s.

We started training in IGP a little over a year ago and tracking was started less then a year ago. Polished up his OB and here we are.
Bumps in secondary OB for protection but Ozzy being the type of dog he is (not a sport dog) takes his job on serious level. More training will fix that.
Judge really liked his power intensity and powerful barking. We needed the secondary to score better but as we know in training it’s been so good but at a National event things change in the dog’s mind. Excellent blind search low excellent in bark and hold super call out I sent him up bad for the escape so not the best grip and outs need to be faster and less vocal on sleeve.
OB points loss was hovering on the sits for retrieves handler mistakes, sit in motion hovering and could be faster 2nd command for the platz after send away. Everything else was super, excellent focus happy dog in the heeling very good retrieves super fast recalls slight touch on me after he did the wall, fast send away.

Tracking was phenomenal 91 degrees 2p track time windy conditions. Judge said excellent concentration deep nose intensity and power throughout the track. Need faster downs on articles and I need to retrain his starts after indicating and he touched 2 articles. So proud to be at the end of the leash.

The experience was so awesome and my nerves were so bad coming up to our step on the field after that I was feeling good. It was just me and my dog and the judge.

The best part is Ozzy his genetics made this happen. He’s a dog that lives in the house sleeps on his couch, never crated hangs outside on his property never barks. we compete in other venues. He’s loves to play with his jolly ball with the neighbors kids. His on and off switch is superb and he is our pet and companion first and a working dog second. Ozzy is my heart and soul. He gives 1000% in everything he does.

St Louis Schutzhund Club did a phenomenal job putting this event together in 9 weeks. Awesome to be outside with people who love their dogs. Whole event ran smoothly and all judges and helpers were super nice.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
What a major accomplishment! Every single post you have ever posted exuded confidence in your boy and it looks like he paid you back 10 fold. That is team work at its finest.

·
Super Moderator
7,505 Posts
Wow!Congrats to you both!

Reactions: BigOzzy2018

·
Super Moderator
5,335 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Wow! So exciting! Great job both of you!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Saw you two on the field and was so proud. Excellent job!
I love seeing a well rounded, can do anything example of the breed. So happy for you two ❤
Thank you. Wish we could have met up. It was a great experience and very proud.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What a major accomplishment! Every single post you have ever posted exuded confidence in your boy and it looks like he paid you back 10 fold. That is team work at its finest.
Thank you. Ozzy was amazing and amazes me everyday. We are blessed.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts