German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we've known for such a long time that our cinderfella would be going to the bridge soon. when it became very, very clear that it was time, dr. lisa and vet tech sara came to help send him on his way...and on monday morning our dear cinder-boy very peacefully slipped out of his frail body into the spirit world. he had just celebrated his 13th birthday in march.

cinderfella was a quiet, happy boy who asked for nothing and was grateful for everything. for many years he was a blood donor dog, giving the opportunity for life to countless other dogs. he never complained, even at the end when his kidneys failed and the toxins began to overwhelm his system. he was my first non-german shepherd and my first rescue experience. he was a very good boy, who will be greatly missed by his dad, his mom, and his pack.

keep on dancin' bud...you were one-of-a-kind, and we'll never forget you.

http://hearthsides-cinderfella.blogspot.com

for the story of his rescue, please scroll to the bottom of the blog and click on "older posts".

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
I'm incredibly sorry. There are no words that will ease your pain. I do understand that a hundred years wouldn't have been long enough to love your boy. May your loving memories give you some small solace on this dark night.

You're in my thoughts tonight.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
He sure looked to be a sweet, gorgeous boy. I am very sorry for your loss.

CinderFella.

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
My condolences to you Katherine. CinderFella was such a lucky boy to have found you! Run Free Cinder

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
What a face... What an amazing soul... How fortunate that you got to spend those years together. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Run free and healthy, beautiful boy...

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Oh I am so sorry you have lost Cinder. He sounds like he was the best ever dog!

Run free Cinder-fella.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
What a sweet and gentle boy he was. Your tribute to him was very moving and the pictures of him really captured his sweetness. You could really see what a special boy he was. It sounds like he had a wonderful life with you. It's so hard to lose such a special boy. I'm very sorry for your loss and am amazed how you continue to help other dogs in need as you're grieving for your own loss.

Rest in peace, Cinderfella. Heaven has another angel.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Oh Katherine, I'm so sorry to hear this about Cinderfella - he looks like such a grand, nobel fellow who loved life. They just don't live long enough - rest in peace, Cinderfella - play hard at the Bridge with all of our furkids that you will meet there

·
Registered
137 Posts
What a beautiful companion Cinderfella was - inside and out. He gave so much and had such a great life with you. I am so sorry for your loss. The blog tribute is wonderful.

Mary Lou
Allie (GSD) and Murphy (my rottie chow rescue now 10 years old)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Run free and roll in the grass over the bridge, Cinder-fella. You will be remembered forever by your best friends and leave with them a life time of smiles.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
as the days are passing, the thought that has struck me the most is that even though every dog is unique and one can never be replaced by another, when you have a purebred like a gsd, there is always another of the same breed to bring into your life and love. you can get another of the same color, the same type, the same lines. there will never be another cinderfella. thank you all for your kind words.

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Each one of these dogs are special in their own way. While some may look alike, the personalities and qualities are so different. I love each one of my dogs for who and what they are, I don't compare one against the other, I just love them for who they are.

RUN free Cinderfella.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts