German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both of our dogs are generally very sweet and considerate. I just had to laugh at them today though. I usually share the stories about how compassionate they usually are. But, I couldn't resist sharing this.

I wasn't feeling too well, so I thought I'd just lie down on the floor in the bedroom. I put my head on one of the doggy bed in case Elmo or Molly wanted to come and chill out with me. I was lying there with my eyes closed and I heard Molly rolling around on our bed happy as can be. Mommy wasn't there to make her get down and she was having a ball! I could hear her shuffling through the blanket and bedspread. She didn't have a care in the world.

Then, there is Mr. Considerate, Elmo. I'm lying there with my arm over my face to make the room feel darker. Then, clunk. Elmo dropped his tennis ball on my head. I heard him sitting there, just waiting for me to play with him. I could tell by his breathing that he was very happy. He was probably sitting there smiling at me. I wanted to see how patient he was. So, I just lied there. It must have been a good ten minutes of him just sitting there. Then, he picked up the ball and I heard him chewing it, making it all soggy and yucky. Then, clunk...drops it on my head again.

Normally, when I'm really sick, they are on their best behavior. They must have known this wasn't anything serious... I'd like to hope.

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
That is cute! I think often our dogs are really just BIG kids! They know when things are serious, and they know when it's okay to take advantage of a situation and enjoy the momment!

At least, they were entertaining you. That must have helped to make you feel better!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
That is so funny!

I'm always jealous when I hear about all of the cmpassionate shepherds on this forum. Ozzy takes advantage of the situation when I am sick. When I sprained my ankle 6 months ago, he made sure to take every opportunity to climb on every single piece of furniture right in front of me, knowing I couldn't get up to drag him off.

O yes, and he would also paw at and "chew" on the bad ankle. He didn't like it one bit! No kisses, no snuggles, nothing!

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Too cute!!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They were both being clowns yesterday. Molly was taking advantage of the situation. I can't blame her. We have a comfortable bed.
Elmo was being the puppy that he is. Sometimes I forget that he's still a puppy because he's so big. They definitely gave me a good laugh yesterday.

Lola, how old is Ozzy? I think it's interesting how each dog has a different personality. They are so smart and know when they can get away with being naughty.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
BSING - Gotta love the slimy balls. LOL Rocky will do the same thing to me. He normally layws on the couch with me at night and shares my pillow. He will push his nos under my hand so I have no choice by to pet him LOL Last night he tried it and I did not move my hand so he put his nose between my fingers, and I swear it felt like he was wiping his nose on my hand. LOL So gross.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally Posted By: DSuddBSING - Gotta love the slimy balls. LOL Rocky will do the same thing to me. He normally layws on the couch with me at night and shares my pillow. He will push his nos under my hand so I have no choice by to pet him LOL Last night he tried it and I did not move my hand so he put his nose between my fingers, and I swear it felt like he was wiping his nose on my hand. LOL So gross.
I just made a mental note not to ever resist Elmo when he wants to be petted. I don't want him wiping his nose on my hand. LOL

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
LOL It was gross. I am sure that was not his intention, but still come on, cant you just lick my hand? Gotta love him though he is so sweet

·
Registered
27,251 Posts
My two caring dog stories: The other morning, the deck was wet from the rain and both GSD's were outside. I went on the deck and tripped up the stair to the other level and was flat out. The dogs came running over, "Lassie" I thought! Well, they mauled me with muddy paws and didn't care that I was injured... they just thought it was playtime.
This am I gave the dogs a kibble meal w/canned mackarel on top. After Kacie ate, she came over to me for some "lovin" and wiped her dirty, fish smelling mouth all over me! She tried to disguise it as affection, but I knew better! Yep, gotta love them!

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
LOL Onyx They are just such little characters. Reminds of stuff a kid would do

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
That is just too cute... lol.. yep, they seem to know when they have the advantage.. You have to admit though, they are certainly smart when it comes to how they get your attention..lol.. Rana will literally "hen peck" anywhere on your body when she wants attention.. the only problem is that she will even get you from behind.. there has been many bruises by the force that she will use ... She just pulls her head back and wham.. the nose connects with a body part.. She is also notorious for wiping her face on you after she eats.. We are her human napkin..As for slimy toys being "dropped" on you..that is just too adorable..lol..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts