German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys/Girls,

Within couple of months we will be proud parents of GSD puppy from Alta-Tollhaus. Being rookie parents, we are concerned that we will end up messing amazing life...

What do we have to prepare/buy/setup before we welcome the latest addition to our family home?

Thoughts? Ideas?

Cheers

Vijar

·
Registered
664 Posts
Well, you've started out on the right foot by joining this forum! ;)

It's so exciting to get a puppy! Male? Female? Name? Photos?

My puppy routine I've learned through the years is:
Crate by my bed
Lots of safe puppy toys for chewing
If you can, never give the puppy the opportunity to go potty in the house
Lots of praise when they go outside
No punishing
Lots and lots of positive reinforcement
Puppy kindergarten
Lots and lots of socialization without allowing a strong fear-inducing situation...don't drag or push the puppy when s/he is obviously frightened
(I love how my doggy daycare lady did it with Layla . . . she verrrrry slowly introduced her to other dogs, and intros were done first through a fence with people there -- it took weeks)

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Welcome, can't wait to see pictures of your new baby when you get her. :)

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Welcome, what a cute baby!

There are a few dogs from the kennel where your little one is from on the forum, Nikon owned by Lies being one. You should check them out (do a forum search) because it will make you even more excited..lol.. :)

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Oh wow! That puppy is a doll! Congrats :)

If you go to the puppy section, look through those threads and you should find lots of great info. If you have a specific question, try out the search function and see if the question has already been asked and answered. If not, please don't hesitate to post your question. There are a ton of people on here with lots of experience.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Congrats! Beautiful puppy!.....but I'm kinda biased LOL!:wub:
Robin

Robin, I know you well enough to know you are not kennel blind...you call 'em as you see 'em. All of these pups are very beautiful.

This litter is sired by Robin and Carlos's very handsome Cuervo von Huerta Hof.

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
Congrats to you Julie and Robin~ Vijar will be pleased I'm sure!!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Very nice!

I didn't know that! What a nice surprise, can't wait to see the little baby grow up! :)

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Hey Julie...!!:greet:
You should post the updated puppy pic, so the "new expecting parents"...and the rest of us can "goo goo ga ga" over him!!:whistle::wub:
That lil guy is beautiful.
Robin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts