German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd post this in case anybody knew or worked with Eric.
He really was a nice man, very patient, you could call him anytime. When you bought one of his dogs, he gave you so much information on training and offered free classes to you, info about the breed and every stage of their development. His dogs are beautiful. He will be missed.

Eric Falconer

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Alice's mother was from Von Falconers.
They at one point had a whole page stating why they wouldn't sell littermates to one house. Interesting, site.
I'm sorry for the loss, but I'm sure that the sons are running the facility now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Eric's passing a HUGE loss to our community

I was so pleased to see you mention Eric, yet so sad to hear of his passing. I was terribly sad I missed his memorial service, I would have taken my children and gone to celebrate his life.
Eric touched my family in many ways in the last few years and will always be remembered with love. His philosophy was devoted to love, unity, one-ness. I believe not just with the dog, but with our fellow human beings.
Eric was a mans man, yet soft, gentle and kind hearted. He loved everyone.

Just over 2 years ago Eric placed a puppy with us. I was a single mother of three, and one of my children had just been diagnosed with irreversible refractive amblyopia and already struggles with autism/Aspergers. I was humbled by his generosity, kindness and trust.

Now, we have Jetta. all grown up. She is the most amazing dog I have ever known. She tries so hard and loves so much I'm just reduced to tears at times from her ability to just love in such a constant fashion.

Thank you Eric for this amazing gift that has changed not just my life but the lives of my children. And thank you for posting the notice of his passing.
warmly,
Tonja

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was so pleased to see you mention Eric, yet so sad to hear of his passing. I was terribly sad I missed his memorial service, I would have taken my children and gone to celebrate his life.
Eric touched my family in many ways in the last few years and will always be remembered with love. His philosophy was devoted to love, unity, one-ness. I believe not just with the dog, but with our fellow human beings.
Eric was a mans man, yet soft, gentle and kind hearted. He loved everyone.

Just over 2 years ago Eric placed a puppy with us. I was a single mother of three, and one of my children had just been diagnosed with irreversible refractive amblyopia and already struggles with autism/Aspergers. I was humbled by his generosity, kindness and trust.

Now, we have Jetta. all grown up. She is the most amazing dog I have ever known. She tries so hard and loves so much I'm just reduced to tears at times from her ability to just love in such a constant fashion.

Thank you Eric for this amazing gift that has changed not just my life but the lives of my children. And thank you for posting the notice of his passing.
warmly,
Tonja
What you wrote was echoed by many at his memorial service. There were several GSD's and other dogs at the memorial, all behaving very well, it was amazing. Molly got to meet her sister at the service, we used to train with her brother.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Haven't posted or been on the site for quite a while. Heard about Eric from another former owner of a Von Falconer dog at our club trial.

Kayla also comes from a Von Falconer breeding. We trained up there for several years and went back occasionally with both her and Lancer. We haven't been up there in about a year and a half, but Kayla always loved heading down to Bonny Doon.

Eric, Bryan and the staff were one of two groups I trusted leaving my dogs with. They boarded there several times over the years.

Eric was one of those folks who knew dogs very well and just had a special way of working with shepherds and other dogs that went there for training. Also spent time and $$$ working with local shelters and rescue groups. He will be greatly missed by the community

1 - 8 of 8 Posts