German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I had called animal control here where I live about the stray cats. I had caught one myself and wanted them to either come get it or let me bring it in and I was told that if I brought it in, the only way they would take it would be if I filled out papers that said that I was the cats owner and I was surrendering it...this came with a surrendering fee. The reason behind this is that there is no leash law for cats in this area...only for dogs. I think that is ridiculous. I think that cat owners (which I happen to be) should be required to be just as responsible as dog owners and should have to keep their cats on a leash while outside. The people who live across the street from us have 6 (SIX!!) cats that hang out at their house. I dont know if they are stray cats or if they are pets, but the cats let the people pet them and show up everyday to be fed.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
We have a lot of coyotes, too. But, like you, I notice that the cats do seem to run in packs. I think the coyotes are too busy getting small dogs that are tied up in peoples yards since that is an easier meal that having to hunt down a bunch of stray cats.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.