German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hes now 6 months and hes my first GSD, been feeding him orijen and hes doing great. just looking for some honest opinions on markings, structure etc. thanks!:D

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btw he is 12 weeks in the first pic and hes a plush coat. not akc registered. one parent was but other wasnt. both very healthy hips etc, so i took him

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Otto is a very handsome young man! :)

·
Super Moderator
32,429 Posts
Please read the rules for this forum before posting.

This forum is for critiquing structure and movement. All dogs/puppies must be stacked with photos taken from the side. Other photos that show them moving, from the front, back, and head shots are also allowed, but a stacked photo must be included.

Please see thread on stacking dogs HERE for help.

Thank you,

Admin

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for posting this.

Without a stack photo, all we can tell is he's a cute long hair GSD.
ya sorry, i will get some stacked photos and repost, need a little practice first haha. long coat?? i was thinking plush coat

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe someone could give me some pointers on exactly what to be looking for in a good photo of a stacked GSD?? thanks!

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts

I think he's beautiful but to see best structually, we need a side shot but truly from the side. And an official 'stack' position has the front two feet together and under the dog. The rear 2 legs are split though with the nearside leg closest to the camera stretched out and back with the lower part of the leg (just above the paw) perpendicular to the ground. The farside rear leg (other side of the dog from the camera) needs to be under the dog.

This is a stack:

Here's another 'type' of GSD in a stack:

·
Registered
240 Posts
ya sorry, i will get some stacked photos and repost, need a little practice first haha. long coat?? i was thinking plush coat
He looks just like my girl and she is a Long Stock Coat.
The easiest ways to tell is the long hair around the ears.
Plush coat is in reference to a Stock coated dog that has extra fluff or undercoat not the length of the top coat.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I think he's beautiful but to see best structually, we need a side shot but truly from the side. And an official 'stack' position has the front two feet together and under the dog. The rear 2 legs are split though with the nearside leg closest to the camera stretched out and back with the lower part of the leg (just above the paw) perpendicular to the ground. The farside rear leg (other side of the dog from the camera) needs to be under the dog.

This is a stack:

Here's another 'type' of GSD in a stack:

ok thanks alot for the help, i had him close! so i grabbed a quick photo but he doesnt sit still alot! i will keep trying. his coat is wonderful, thick and fluffy and doesnt shed at all, i was always under the impression that gsd's shed so much.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
He looks just like my girl and she is a Long Stock Coat.
The easiest ways to tell is the long hair around the ears.
Plush coat is in reference to a Stock coated dog that has extra fluff or undercoat not the length of the top coat.

Right, thanks for backing me up on that one :p

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He's 6 months old, give it time.
haha, ya i know. ive tried and that was the closest i could get. was just hoping that some people with more knowledge in the subject could tell me anything from the photo i did get. hes 52 pounds and a hair below 24 inches at shoulders. thaanks anyways!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
When the season starts to change, the fur will start to fly. They dont shed too much all the time, just twice a year they 'blow their coat'. With the winter solstice, now the days will start to get longer, and will trigger shedding.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts