German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I feel exactly the same way you do. I can't live with them; can't live without them; can't bare thinking of them going to other home(s) not knowing how they're doing. And I've got psychological problems that are exacerbated by them which in turn puts them on edge.

You've to take a time-out from time to time. Crate for a while and just breath. It's ok. I don't know your pups problems or what you've done to counter them, but I personally also think that doggie classes are a great way to bond with your pup, socialize him/her and mold a well-behaved dog. It's also a good place for you to unwind and have others help YOU and your pup with the problems. Makes you feel so not alone and you're in a setting where others will (hopefully) understand when your pup acts up.

You also have to realize that the pup you want/think she can be is different than what she is or even what she can become. And you've to come to terms with that. Management isn't easy. I always wonder why we love the dogs that are dangerous, the cats that scratch us or the birds that bite...but they do deserve a decent life. And you're providing that to a dog that others may not have put up with. So don't feel guilty. Your best is probably as good as it's gonna get for the pup...IMO

Hang in there love c: and whenever you need to vent, let us know, or PM me. Your post has mimicked how I often feel and I think I understand a little...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts