German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Just saying hi to the knowledge hive that is you guys! Me and my wife picked up Oso from a rescue last week. I actually skipped the rules even though I ticked the box that said I read them... Are mixed breed members allowed? Our best guess on our dogs heritage would be GSD with maybe a splash of Rottie...? Anyway, he is a smart fella and this forum has already proved useful! Looking forward to being a member of the gang here.

Attachments

·
Registered
32,033 Posts
Welcome and thanks for rescuing your boy. There should be plenty of stuff here that applies just as well to mixed breeds and pure-breds and a lot of members have mixes or have mixes and purebreds. The only thing really frowned on is deliberately breeding mixed dogs. I think the photo contests are for purebreds, everything else is pretty open to any dogs. I think that before I went to charm school, I might have said something to the effect that people with malinois should find a malinois site that could help them with behavior issues, as they are not shepherds and they may have better info than us for their breed. But that was a long time ago.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Hello to you and Oso. He is a handsome guy. I am glad you found each other. Mixed breeds are certainly welcomed!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts