German Shepherds Forum banner

ortho vet report

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  JenM66 
#1 ·
Well, we went to see the ortho today for Gracie's cruciate tear. Guess what --- it was only a sprain (as the second opinion vet thought it might have been). So, no tear, no surgery. Clean bill of health. I am so happy.

She was rested for 4 weeks, on Rimadly for 15 days, no jumping or sliding, no stairs or getting into the car, leash walks to go potty. It was a rough few weeks but we made it and it did the trick. We returned to training Sunday with no issues, Gracie's coming up to bed with me at night, she's jumping into the car with no heistation. DH let her play in the sprinkler yesterday. The vet palpated her leg, twisted her knee is all sorts of directions - no yelping, no turning her head toward him in annoyance. He saw no evidence of a cruciate tear and felt the x-rays that I brought with me were more than adequate for him to review. So, this chapter is over - thank goodness!!! I hope Gracie is able to just enjoy being a dog without having any more issues to deal with. I see a trip into Princeton to walk around and run in the battlefield in her future (this weekend)!!!

See less See more
#12 ·
Good news!!!!!! I was overjoyed at Havoc's hip xrays and now I have to worry about other injuries as we pursue agility. Always something isn't it?

So happy Gracie is okay!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.