German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Has anyone tried Orijen's new kibble line? What are your thoughts?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
I started feeding the old formula about 3 months ago. I started feeding the new formula about a month ago. I am very pleased with it. So are my dogs. No problems with poop. Nice and dark and firm.

They removed potatoes in favor of chickpeas and lentils (it is necessary to have a source of starch to make/form kibble). In humans, potatoes have a higher glycemic index than chickpeas and lentils. So that's probably the case with dogs as well. Also, potatoes can contribute to yeast problems. I'm quite happy with the changes in the formula. I honestly believe it is the best kibble available. I'm not so happy with the increase in price. It was expensive enough before. My only other concern is that chewy.com has been out of stock on the largest bags (of the new formula; they still have some old formula) since a couple days after it arrived. That's the case with other online retailers as well. Seems demand is higher than supply.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Good food but in my opinion way too expensive. For the new formula in my area for the largest bag 28.5lbs you end up paying almost $90 with taxes. I think this price is too much.
This large bag would last feed my dog for about 24-26 days. Doing the math I would be spending around $3.5 for the food per day....at this price range people are definitely tempted to switch to raw food. Orijen increased they price for the largest bags by $7 to $10 over the last month.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts