German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Picked up a new bag and it ended up being the whole prey formula. The kibble itself seems a little bit smaller and has less powder on top of it. Fed a whole 2 cups to my puppy for dinner and he loved it. Finished the whole bowl!! The feeding guidelines have also seem to go down a little bit. On the old formula puppy large breed he was told to eat 4 cups a day but on this it was told to eat 3 cups a day.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'm currently mixing a new bag of the 'Whole Prey' Regional Red with an old bag of the Six Fish. So far everything is fine here, I don't notice much difference between the old Regional Red and the new. The kibble is about the same size, perhaps a bit darker, but otherwise looks about the same as the last bag of Regional Red I had (which was the old formula) ... Perhaps a bit less 'powder' on the kibble but otherwise pretty close in appearance to the old formula bag of Six Fish I'm mixing with.

Jazz seems to like it just as well as the old formula. She is doing fine on it, as she always has. I'm thinking of trying the Whole Prey Adult formula next.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quick question:

Does anyone know if the paragraph on the right of the feeding chart on the bag is applicable to LBP feeding? For example, this paragraph explains how to feed 1.5 times the "adult amount" of food to puppies between 6 and 11 months. This seems confusing. For example, Simba is 7 months and just a few lbs shy of 44 lbs with an expected adult weight of 66lbs. So according to the chart he should be eating 3 cups. However using the paragraph on the right, this would increase to 3.75 cups.

P.S. Some of my worrying about not feeding him enough is because he has started to eat dog poop at the dog park. Any info on that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts