German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice that there's actually more calcium in the new LBP formula than there is in the new adult formula? The adult formula maxes out at 1.6% while the new LBP formula maxes out at 1.7% which is the exact same percentage as the regular puppy formula (1.7%). Phosphorus percentage is the same for all three formulas at 1.4%.

Adult Analysis 1.6%
Puppy Large Analysis 1.7%
Puppy Analysis 1.7%

Am I missing something here? Can anyone think why the adult formula would have less calcium than the LBP formula and there being no difference between the LBP and puppy formula?

·
Registered
682 Posts
I actually bought a new or what I thought was a new bag last night but it is still the old formula. The bag is dated 12/11/10 so you would think it would be the new stuff but the formula is still the same?
1.7 is practically the same as 1.6.......I think? Maybe if one was 2.7 and one was 1.7 there would be a difference but a tenth isn't that much but I can be wrong?

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it's a 1/10 of a percent or a whole percent, why would there be less in the adult formula than there is in the LBP formula?

Isn't the whole point of a large breed formula to have less calcium for slower growth?

If there is no difference in the calcium or even more in the LBP formula, what are you getting out of feeding their LBP formula than just going straight to adult?

·
Registered
682 Posts
If it's a 1/10 of a percent or a whole percent, why would there be less in the adult formula than there is in the LBP formula?

Isn't the whole point of a large breed formula to have less calcium for slower growth?

If there is no difference in the calcium or even more in the LBP formula, what are you getting out of feeding their LBP formula than just going straight to adult?
Good question and I honestly have no idea? You would think there would be less CA in the puppy formula but to be honest I thought they were just adding meat and taking out meal?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts