German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a difficult time finding any organs other than liver. Since Malachi won't touch raw liver (I'm going to try searing it and see if he'll eat it that way) I'm trying to find other organs. I can't seem to find any!

Where do you find your organs?

·
Registered
75 Posts
You can ask at meat markets and the grocery store as they can usually order it in for you. That's how we get our heart. They can pretty much get anything, depending on who they use as a source. You just have to wait for it to come in. Also, if it is not something they carry regularly, they may ask you to pay in advance for fear that if you don't pick it up, they are stuck trying to sell it. You also have to wait for it to come in. I haven't ever waited more than 5 days.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi, in regular food store I can only get livers and kidney, can't find anything else. How about butcher or farm?
My boy is not crazy about chunks of liver and kidney eather, so I ground it together with muscle meat like heart and beef, mix works great. Even asked for grinder for Christmas.

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
You might find your dog will eat the organ meat more easily if it is partially frozen. Some dogs do not like the texture. With Alexis I will make sure it is still a bit frozen (thawed enough so I can cut it), cut it into very small pieces and then I mix it well with eggs and organic yogurt.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I saw this list on another site and thought it might help:

Muscle Meats
Any muscle meat
Tongue
Heart
Gizzards
Trachea
skin
stomach (tripe)
lung

As you can see, some meats you might think count as organs but actually count as muscle meat .. like heart.

Secreting Organs
liver
kidney
spleen
thymus
pancreas
testicles
brain

·
Premium Member
4,813 Posts
Check out Omas Pride and see if there is a dealer in your state/area. I get all of my organs from here! Your distributor usually gets deliveries every 6 weeks. I get the 2 pound ground, Beef or Turkey or Chicken (1#) Organs for convenience of my particular mix, but there are others in larger quantities.:)
Distributors - Oma's Pride Raw Pet Food

1 - 6 of 6 Posts